We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Best Is Yet To Come
Comments
-
How did it go? 🤞🏻😁
Emergency Fund - £1000
Baby cash emergency fund £210/250
Mortgage OP goal 2026 - £1200/£4500
Read 24 books this year 24/240 -
Well the house looked clean and tidy, but they rushed through in no time. They wanted more parking and didn't give the house a chance really. I think they had made their mind up before setting foot inside. They also want a bath rather than just a shower, however did like the idea of the solar panels. I shall not hold my breath, plus the one I liked, that I could afford and was suitable sold today.
DD1 also told me a little story about what her dad had proudly told her the other day. Him and some friends had been talking about buying houses and knowing XH had lived down our road, was asked if he knew our house, as he was thinking of looking at it. He told them and anyone else that would listen that the house is falling down and in a bad state of repair so to avoid at all costs. I couldn't believe it, considering his living accomodation currently consists of a van! Yes things needed work when he left as I was not allowed to even paint when he was here as it was a mans job, but the man of the house rarely did anything. Nothing was done for almost 15 years so it is not surprising, but I have done a lot since and the structure is solid. He is just being spiteful because it is another way to hurt me as he is no longer with me. I am not saying my house is a show home, but it is just as good as any other house on the market. It has made me so angry, have opened a pack of my chocolates.
Work was super busy, but I could only stay until lunch as I needed to finish the house. I think it will be a full day tomorrow, although a half day to catch up on things would be beneficial.
Me, DD1 20, DS 18, DD2 15, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
Gym was it worth it pot £139.40/£300 (started 25.05.2026)1 -
Some people are just so awful.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.2 -
Trying to think of the positive, that I have a clean house
Me, DD1 20, DS 18, DD2 15, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
Gym was it worth it pot £139.40/£300 (started 25.05.2026)0 -
So unnecessary, awful man!
Debt Busting Again in 2026!
Starting Debt 03.05.26 = £5345 Current Total 01.09.26 = £3442
Clear M&S Card Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600 Cleared 05.07.26 💚
Clear V12 Finance Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600 Cleared 12.08.26 💚
Clear Barclaycard Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940 Current Total 01.09.26 £742
1 -
Slm your house is lovely. Ignore the bitter twisted twit. But enjoy the chocolate nonetheless ❤️.
Emergency Fund - £1000
Baby cash emergency fund £210/250
Mortgage OP goal 2026 - £1200/£4500
Read 24 books this year 24/241 -
Thank you all. I think it is because he doesn't like the fact that I am much more successful in life without him. The chocolate has gone down well, and maybe he will move in with the new GF (fb has now been updated apparently) and leave me alone, or fall off the nearest cliff.
Me, DD1 20, DS 18, DD2 15, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
Gym was it worth it pot £139.40/£300 (started 25.05.2026)3 -
🤣🤣🤣 I know I shouldn't laugh...but I completely understand.
Emergency Fund - £1000
Baby cash emergency fund £210/250
Mortgage OP goal 2026 - £1200/£4500
Read 24 books this year 24/241 -
DFW I know you understand and when ready your diary I know how you feel too.
I haven't heard from the agents but didn't really expect to. I did get a call to collect my glasses and my daughters pair too, so we went into town quickly after school. Mine seem to be ok, but without looking at my screen at work who knows. We are now home and I plan on cooking dinner, getting comfy on the sofa and finding something good to watch in my pjs.
The only planned this weekend is aqua aerobics on Sunday, so there will be rest (in my still fairly clean home) and then nagging DD2 to do some work. It has been a very long first week back but that was expected. I am hoping things will start to calm down soon. I am not up to date at the moment and they want everything done by Monday. Lets hope it's by the end of Monday rather than the beginning.
Me, DD1 20, DS 18, DD2 15, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
Gym was it worth it pot £139.40/£300 (started 25.05.2026)3 -
DD1 missed her train to meet up with friends this morning - it was pulling away as she got there. Anyway I offered to take her and then did the food shop on the way home. We now have loads of food in the fridge and cupboards. I don't have a real meal plan to follow but we have all of the main food groups to make things.
Several loads of washing have been completed so now I am going to have a late lunch and a little rest.
Me, DD1 20, DS 18, DD2 15, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
Gym was it worth it pot £139.40/£300 (started 25.05.2026)4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

