Powers’s mortgage free thread

Replies

• powerspowerspowerspowers Forumite
    751 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Definite silver lining!!

Had some progress on the purchase today, it’s glacially slow but still moving. 

I’ve managed to sort out various refunds today - the dodgy Fitbit, some running leggings that don’t fit and theatre tickets from last March. I’m proud of myself because I’m a !!!!!! for not sorting things like that! I’ve broken even though as bought some walking trainers (very over due!) and am going to book more theatre tickets as it was a treat for my mum and she needs something to look forward to! 

Went half’s with T on an industrial stapler for a project that’s dragging on... need to get finished before we move. £20! 

We have £20 left in joint account til payday on Thursday, must resist “top up shops”!!! 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £3,530 / £7,200 target 

• PorridgecatPorridgecat Forumite
    311 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good news that there's some movement with the purchase. Count the refunds as a goal as otherwise you would have had to pay for the trainers from 'new money'.
    Mortgage Free 23 December 2020
    Savings £9671 / £20 000 goal
    Emergency Fund £216 / £1000 goal
    751 Posts
    Forumite
    Payday tomorrow!
    I’ve hardly touched the credit card this month and for once don’t owe anything out! Paid £1000 into joint account which is the amount we’ll need to put in to meet the OP goal once we’ve moved and managed to put £300 into wedding pot. 
    Left with about £400 for the month after bills. Probably going to get snaffled in costs if we do move but the joint savings should have a £600 or so buffer in it. 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

751 Posts
    Forumite
    Mortgage is sorted! Solicitor should get paperwork before Easter 🐣 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

• misslolumisslolu Forumite
    127 Posts
    100 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Mortgage is sorted! Solicitor should get paperwork before Easter 🐣 
    Yay! Congrats on the mortgage offer, hopefully everything else starts moving smoothly too.
  • GroggedGrogged Forumite
    865 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Great news on the mortgage, fingers crossed for the paperwork.
    If it's not adding up, compound it!
  • PorridgecatPorridgecat Forumite
    311 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Here's hoping you're able to move soon.
    Mortgage Free 23 December 2020
    Savings £9671 / £20 000 goal
    Emergency Fund £216 / £1000 goal
    751 Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone! Today’s setback is that their boiler has been serviced... and the plumbers condemned it! Whoops! They’ve offered us £1000 towards a replacement but are going to try to get it repaired in the meantime. 
    To be honest, I was convinced this was going to happen with the boiler at our house when we had it serviced so I can’t be too annoyed at them. But does feel like that you can’t make things up at the moment! 
    Being philosophical, we are saving money every month we stay here
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

751 Posts
    Forumite
    It finally feels like we are getting somewhere with the house! A few bits to sort and working towards exchanging in two weeks time 🤞🤞🤞So we’re cracking in and finding removal company etc! We’ve been packed for a while now 😂 

money wise- managed to save quite a bit, £500 into my savings and £650 all together into joint pot, contributes towards a nice cushion to move with. 

Spends since payday: £8 on coffee and parking at the weekend- excited to get out and about! £22 on summer shoes eBay special  (bit premature given we now have snow), £20 nephew savings pot for Easter, £10 collection at work. Leaves £200 for the month. I’m booked in at chiropractor this week which I think is £45
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145