Powers’s mortgage free thread

Replies

• powerspowerspowerspowers Forumite
    750 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The blinking Fitbit won’t talk to my phone! Going to try on another device and might have to send it back. Grr. 
    1 spend 
    £65 dentist 😁
     £181 left for the month (after bills)

managed to move £200 from joint account into the house move fund- mostly due to no council tax. T has sold his truck and is pleased to have savings for the first time in his life. 

We met online with the wedding venue today. They have offered us a £2000 reduction if we just have an afternoon reception and the catering is per head anyway. I feel much more comfortable now that we have a “plan B” for if we have restricted numbers. So basically we are planning 2 weddings and will choose which one to go with nearer the time. I’m really glad they are being flexible for us. They are actually an outdoor centre who are also a wedding venue so I get that the priority is getting the kids back on site. 

No house news! Just remembered that we left a message for the estate agent and they’ve not replied 🤔

MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £3,530 / £7,200 target 

750 Posts
    Forumite
    So sorry to hear about all the chaos with the house. That is so frustrating. Hope once you're all settled in, you will have more peace and can start this new chapter in your lives.
    Thanks! Im not as stressed as I was about it, I think it’s moving but just super slow. Realistically our buyer isn’t going to pull out unless his circumstances change massively. 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

• PorridgecatPorridgecat Forumite
    311 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just read your diary, exciting times but also so frustrating. We moved in here 19 years ago and I'm going nowhere, moving is just too stressful. Hopefully its started happening now for you.

Mortgage Free 23 December 2020
    Savings £9671 / £20 000 goal
    Emergency Fund £216 / £1000 goal
    750 Posts
    Forumite
    Spends update
    £260 to clear the bed. It’s here and it’s wonderful 😴 
    £36 on garden stuff 
    £20 Disney+ as shared with sisters
    £125 left with 2 weeks til payday

Bought some wedding bits as well- eBay spesh for boys suits. I think one was £65 and the other £40. OH paid it though as I did bridesmaid dresses- over a year ago now, hope they still fit. We’ve got the wedding money put aside for all the big costs- trying to absorb smaller spends as we go. 

House news- had the queries back but no building regs stuff and no answer about the onward purchase 🙄 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

750 Posts
    Forumite
    Made an overpayment today, £50! I know I said I wasn’t going to overpay until we moved but I needed the kick of doing something towards our goal. 
    Other spend £50 towards plastic packing crates. Was going to come from house savings but I used the wrong card 🤦‍♀️ We are going to sell them on after we move. 

House news- got some queries back. The vendors onward purchase is not tied in to this purchase, phew. 
    Also restarted out mortgage application today, it’s been so long that ours had expired! 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

• GroggedGrogged Forumite
    865 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I hope this means that things are now going to speed up for you.
    No shame in an OP!😉
    If it's not adding up, compound it!
  • PorridgecatPorridgecat Forumite
    311 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Great news about the better rate, nothing to grumble about :smiley:
    Mortgage Free 23 December 2020
    Savings £9671 / £20 000 goal
    Emergency Fund £216 / £1000 goal
  • SpendingPenniesSpendingPennies Forumite
    111 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Great news about the lower rate. That will make a big difference to your repayments. 
    New to all this!
    Mortgage balance 01/01/21 £181,400. Scheduled repayment date Aug 2036. 
    Target savings to overpay in 2021 £12,000
    Progress to date  £7105/£12,000 
  • GroggedGrogged Forumite
    865 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Every cloud!
    That's great news.
    If it's not adding up, compound it!