Powers’s mortgage free thread

Replies

• powerspowerspowerspowers Forumite
    751 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks but buy bit, it’s very  exciting!
    some movement on house- finally sussed out the plan with the mortgage and just waiting on the valuation. Have also had a lot to do this week for both the sale and purchase. It definitely feels like progress today. Oh and still not spent anything other than fees for searches which was already set aside. 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £3,530 / £7,200 target 

751 Posts
    Forumite
    Did a lot of house paperwork yesterday and sorted out the loft today so the feeling of house progress continues.  

2 spends this weekend-
    £35 on birthday present for my other half. He has a late January birthday and I don’t forget it, I just don’t associate it with the same pay month as Christmas so always get taken by surprise!
    Also spent £40 on seeds which seems excessive but I’m going to do the flowers for the wedding with them. We had a quote of £300 for all British flowers so I feel growing our own is MSE! Although fingers crossed we move in time to plant them, if not I will distribute to family to grow for us 😂 
    so new balance after bills is £4.83 with 14 days to go 🤨and £38.49 on credit card
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

• Viking_mfwViking_mfw Forumite
    493 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good luck!
  • Mrs_Money_PennyMrs_Money_Penny Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good luck on your Mortgage free journey. Hope you have an exchange date soon. Do you have a wedding date or are you waiting for covid to come to an end? Will subscribe and cheer you on xx
    £44752.79/savings £40892.30
    751 Posts
    Forumite
    Good luck on your Mortgage free journey. Hope you have an exchange date soon. Do you have a wedding date or are you waiting for covid to come to an end? Will subscribe and cheer you on xx
    Thanks Mrs M!
    wedding was supposed to be last September, rebooked for end of July so hope we will be okay. Even if not, I’ll enjoy the flowers 😂. We bought one of the page boys suits at the weekend off eBay, which seemed very money saving but probably not if we delay and he outgrows it! It’ll resell I’m sure. W e’ve been really lucky that we’ve only paid small deposits so can feel fairly philosophical about it x

MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

751 Posts
    Forumite
    No spend days continue, not counting the wedding suit as that was already budgeted for and OH has paid it! Still on £4 in the back account and pay day a week away 😬 
    going to chase up solicitors, estate agents and mortgage people this week as it seems nothing has moved. Slowly slowly 🙄
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

751 Posts
    Forumite
    Woohoo it’s payday on Monday! Going to carry on being frugal in Feb as know we will be spending a lot when we move. Our sale is going okay but purchase is worrying me, I just have a feeling that the vendor doesn’t really want to sell. There’s nothing else coming on the market either. We are prepared to go into rented rather then lose our buyer, but there isn’t a lot of rented about either and it’s eye watering expensive, much higher than our mortgage and would possibly need a storage unit as well 😱
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

• SpendingPenniesSpendingPennies Forumite
    111 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    House purchases can be so stressful. Hope it all goes well for you @powerspowers
    New to all this!
    Mortgage balance 01/01/21 £181,400. Scheduled repayment date Aug 2036. 
    Target savings to overpay in 2021 £12,000
    Progress to date  £7105/£12,000 
    751 Posts
    Forumite
    So I’ve a run of managed 5 no spend days since payday 💪 
    YBS have written to us to say they are reducing the mortgage payments cause of the overpayments we’ve made 🤔 I don’t think they get it 😂 The change is in April so hopefully will be in new house by then. 
    I’m focussing on topping up our moving/ furniture pot rather than the mortgage at the moment. More so we don’t have to keep getting statements for the settlement amount! 
    The sale is still going well but the purchase is so slow, still nothing from the sellers solicitors 😱 

MFW 2021 #76 £5,145

• try_hardertry_harder Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done on the NSDs ,i am trying to do the same but finding it very difficult