51 replies 4.1K views

Replies

• cornishpasty1cornishpasty1 Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any further announcements lately?
    #StaySafe
    When searching at the moment, put speech marks at beginning and end of URL and that seems to filter better,
    thanks to @pate-ci0
    It appears the search facility doesn't pick up URL hidden in the CLICKY link thing, so please post comps using the full URL not hidden in the CLICKY. MSE may eventually sort it out, but for now this might help us all.

For successful search, follow @One-Eye's directions here (until MSE finally sort it out) IT WORKS! https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78616641/#Comment_78616641
  • BluluBlulu Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard anything else, Cornish. I don't know if anyone else has? I'm guessing that we may not hear anything more from MSE until they, hopefully, sort the search stuff out by the end of this month. Fingers crossed, they will either do this, as they said they are aiming to do, or failing that, that they'll let us know if it's delayed for any reason.

Blu XXX
    Anyone else miss the chat in Compers Chat Corner? How about we try to bring it back?

{{{{{ Imagine ALL the people sharing ALL the world }}}}}
  • K9laraK9lara Forumite
    137 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    I can often only click on the comp title if it runs to two lines.  Only one and it states Permission Problem enable JavaScript when I already have it.  Very frustrating.
  • BluluBlulu Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    K9lara, if you think this might be an MSE glitch, rather than something to do with your own set up, might it be worth posting in Site Feedback, so that the MSE team will see it?

Linky: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/site-feedback

Blu XXX
    Anyone else miss the chat in Compers Chat Corner? How about we try to bring it back?

{{{{{ Imagine ALL the people sharing ALL the world }}}}}
  • edited 19 July at 1:03PM
    thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    21.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July at 1:03PM
    K9lara said:
    I can often only click on the comp title if it runs to two lines.  Only one and it states Permission Problem enable JavaScript when I already have it.  Very frustrating.
    Blulu said:
    K9lara, if you think this might be an MSE glitch, rather than something to do with your own set up, might it be worth posting in Site Feedback, so that the MSE team will see it?

Blu XXX
    I am sure this has been mentioned several times before. I believe that it only happens on iPads in Portrait mode and/or on mobiles. One answer given was to use Landscape mode instead of Portrait. I can't be sure of this as I don't use iPad or Mobile but it certainly does not happen on my Laptop.
  • ANGELWINGSANGELWINGS Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    K9lara said:
    Blulu said:

Blu XXX
    I am sure this has been mentioned several times before. I believe that it only happens on iPads in Portrait mode and/or on mobiles. One answer given was to use Landscape mode instead of Portrait. I can't be sure of this as I don't use iPod or Mobile but it certainly does not happen on my Laptop.
    You are correct thingamaBob and the workaround is a good one - it works !
  • ANGELWINGSANGELWINGS Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

New announcement today - Forumites! From Monday 16th August, group private messages will no longer be possible on the Forum. If there’s anything you need to make a note of from previous chats, please make sure you do so before this date.

Hmmmm !
    Not sure of reason behind but it’s probably so we can’t be unkind to anyone in any way.
    Not certain how we can communicate now without bumping posts unnecessarily or hoping someone looks in chat