IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Am I too late - should I just pay up?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Dan_Sin said:
    I have now been able to log into MoneyClaim and a judgement was made against me on 15th March.   I guess that means I have to pay up? 
    Yes, unless you want a CCJ on your record.  We would normally only say this if posters have put themselves in this position by not replying to N1 claim forms and/or not completing the AoS or submitting a defence by the deadline; given your accommodation situation and working outside the UK it may not be your fault but the system/court will not see it like this.  Depends upon your attitude to your credit situation; will you want a mortgage or any other credit, want to or need to hire a car, take out a mobile contract etc?  You could spend £275 amd submit a N244 form in the hope of getting it set aside but you would need a VERY good reason (not excuse) for not responding.
  • Dan_Sin
    Dan_Sin Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    missile said:
    If I were you I would pay up.

Maybe I should have taken this advice.   Ah well ... At least now I am in a position to pay it, but it annoys me that these people should win. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure