IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Am I too late - should I just pay up?

Options

Comments

• Dan_Sin
    Dan_Sin Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion - but I don't have a permanent address anywhere - and I am not overseas atm but in England now and in Scotland from November.  I am just concerned that things might cause problems for my friends who are forwarding the mail as it is their address on the vehicle document.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Options
    Follow Coupon Mad's advice. There is reasoning behind this. 

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • dracula666
    Options
    Hi, I got a pcn a few months ago for a overstay (under an hour) another £1 would of covered it.  I Ignored the fine of £60 going off posts read on here. Then it went up to £100 now to £160!!  Now their dept recovery agents are literally about to pass the matter to solicitors (Gladstone’s). Ive read about the solicitors who take on their cases and they apparently take to court without letting you know and therefore can’t defend landing you with a CCJ. I am soon getting a mortgage so it will pretty much stop that happening. Is there a recent new law that they can’t charge these extortionate fees? Should I continue to ignore or pay? Please, please help me! 
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please start a new thread of your own so that you can get bespoke advice on your problem

You won't get help by hijacking somebody else's thread , it's rude and disrespectful
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, I got a pcn a few months ago for a overstay (under an hour) another £1 would of covered it.  I Ignored the fine of £60 going off posts read on here. Then it went up to £100 now to £160!!  Now their dept recovery agents are literally about to pass the matter to solicitors (Gladstone’s). Ive read about the solicitors who take on their cases and they apparently take to court without letting you know and therefore can’t defend landing you with a CCJ. I am soon getting a mortgage so it will pretty much stop that happening. Is there a recent new law that they can’t charge these extortionate fees? Should I continue to ignore or pay? Please, please help me! 
    Have you decided to take over this thread belonging to @Dan_Sin?  I presume you've asked him/her that they're happy to stand aside for you?  
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Alternatively, please start your own thread.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,088 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    missile said:
    Try reading the OPs post again, before making any more stoopid skool bouy comments.
     "I did see notices"

I know who is most helpful and you don't even come close!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Dan_Sin said:
    Thanks for the suggestion - but I don't have a permanent address anywhere - and I am not overseas atm but in England now and in Scotland from November.  I am just concerned that things might cause problems for my friends who are forwarding the mail as it is their address on the vehicle document.
    Then you give the Scottish address in November which is just as good as a foreign address because keepers can't be held liable for parking events that took place before the Transport Act takes full effect next year sometime.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dan_Sin
    Dan_Sin Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to say thank you for people's help on this - I took the advice and gave my Scottish address and never heard anything since!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That is sort of good news but they have 5 years to sue.  Keep every letter just in case.  I assume you clearly told them to erase the other address, as you had to tell them that to be sure they don't use that one?

Now, please do us and yourself (and the driving public) a favour and stick around on this forum every week - at least for the Summer - to ensure you see when the Government publish and open the final Technical Consultation.

We will be talking about it and the public will have about 4 weeks we think, to tell the MHCLG what you think about the level of parking charges, that the MHCLG has admirably decided already will start at £50 (50% discount) and not £100:

Outcome of 2020 Consultation - this applies in Scotland as well as England and Wales:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/parking-code-enforcement-framework/outcome/parking-code-enforcement-framework-consultation-response

Planned Summer 2021 additional Public Consultation:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-open-technical-consultation-on-fairer-parking-charges

It's not open yet but please keep check here to see when it is. 

We need real people like you to counter the spamming that happened last time from the industry.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback