IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Am I too late - should I just pay up?

Options

Comments

• nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What is the "issue date" of the claim?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And when you use the password to log in to do the AOS - urgent - do you already have a CCJ?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dan_Sin
    Dan_Sin Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The issue date of the claim is 23.02.2024.  I have been to the moneyclaim website to check my position, but it is down for essential maintenance until tomorrow.  
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dan_Sin said:
    The issue date of the claim is 23.02.2024.

With a Claim Issue Date of 23rd February, you had until Wednesday 13th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service but it doesn't look like that happened. Did it? 
    Since 4pm on Wednesday 13th March the Claimant has been free to seek a Default Judgment against you.
    If they seek and get that Judgment before you have filed a Defence, then they win the race - it's game over - you lose.

Check your MCOL Claim History to see if there is already a Judgment against you. 
    If there is, then you can ignore the rest of this post.

On the other hand if you file a Defence before the Claimant actually seeks and gets that Default Judgment, then you win this heat and go through to the next round and I suggest you aim to file a Defence as soon as possible - before 8am on Monday morning.

To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread on the Parking board.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. The MCOL website should now be treated as 'read only'.
  • Dan_Sin
    Options
    Because I am on the road and only getting my post sporadically I don't know if anything else has happened since that date.  I only received the notice of claim today.  As I said the MoneyClaim website is down for maintenance until tomorrow so I guess I will need to check then.  It doesn't look good.  
  • KeithP
    Options
    But you didn't answer my question.
    Did you file an Acknowledgment of Service within the prescribed timescale?
  • Dan_Sin
    Options
    No because I didn't know about it. 

• KeithP
    Options
    Dan_Sin said:
    No because I didn't know about it. 
    But it was sent to your nominated address for service. 
    Difficult to see that it is anyone else's fault that you didn't read it in a timely manner.
  • Dan_Sin
    Options
    Oh I'm not disputing that.  I have spent the last 10 months in the Balkans and my post should have been sent to Kosovo but it never arrived.  It has only caught with me now as I am back in England for a few weeks. 
  • Dan_Sin
    Options
    I have now been able to log into MoneyClaim and a judgement was made against me on 15th March.   I guess that means I have to pay up? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure