Awful weather - typical Brits talk

13567190

Replies

  • Black_Cat2Black_Cat2 Forumite
    455 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Farway said:
    No rain for an hour so popped out and cut back my herbs (like DD265 was planning to do) and wrestled with the weeds surrounding my carrots. Good crop this year - been in the ground for months so they're huge! Too many for me and the other half to eat. 
    The carrots will be OK in the ground for while yet so no need to panic
    Yes, was thinking of making carrot cake just to use some of them up.  Probably a good idea whilst it's raining 🤔
    Just my opinion, no offence 🐈
  • CatsacorCatsacor Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm, love carrot cake, my favourite recipe is from the Cranks cookbook (yup, very 80s !).

    First, take responsibility .....
  • Black_Cat2Black_Cat2 Forumite
    455 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Catsacor said:
    Mmmm, love carrot cake, my favourite recipe is from the Cranks cookbook (yup, very 80s !).

    Nothing wrong with the 80s lol, will look it up 😁
    Just my opinion, no offence 🐈
  • CatsacorCatsacor Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Morning BC 😊
    You've been doin' that rain dance again, haven't you 🙄😆
    Hail here earlier, can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings - at least the wind direction's changed though, very warm out again today 😊
    First, take responsibility .....
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsacor said:
    Mmmm, love carrot cake, my favourite recipe is from the Cranks cookbook (yup, very 80s !).

    Nothing wrong with the 80s....😁
    There was Margaret Thatcher and we only had a 28' garden.....that's just two things off the top of my head. :D
    Looks like a pick n' mix day today, but might get some wild planting done. I have a bank of rugosa roses to finish off along the roadside, some alder buckthorn to stick in a hedge and another eucalyptus to insert behind a nasty neighbour.

    Crumbs are just crumbs. Don't be grateful to those who stole your cake!
  • ApodemusApodemus Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davesnave said:
    ...and another eucalyptus to insert behind a nasty neighbour...


    Ouch! That'll make their eyes water! :smile:
  • CatsacorCatsacor Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a busy day for you then.
    Why does the new eucalyptus have to do exactly, is it a mature specimen that you're hoping will blow over in the gales onto them ? 🤣
    First, take responsibility .....
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsacor said:
    Looks like a busy day for you then.
    Why does the new eucalyptus have to do exactly, is it a mature specimen that you're hoping will blow over in the gales onto them ? 🤣
    Long story....far too long...so let's just say that the neighbour tried to intimidate me when I dared to alter things on a patch of  land near their property, so we have a copse of unwanted trees behind the laurels and barbed wire fence that now separate us and him. Behind those trees, we have a line of  'proper' deciduous specimens, like copper beech, Swedish whitebeam and wild service tree, with buddleias for the butterflies. They're what we see. ;)
    So, the eucalyptus is just going into a gap in the 'hotch-potch' section, where it may turn into firewood in 5 years or so. Everything in there is expendable.
    Crumbs are just crumbs. Don't be grateful to those who stole your cake!
  • Black_Cat2Black_Cat2 Forumite
    455 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Catsacor said:
    Morning BC 😊
    You've been doin' that rain dance again, haven't you 🙄😆
    Hail here earlier, can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings - at least the wind direction's changed though, very warm out again today 😊
    Morning C 😹.  Sun has peeped through (briefly) today so I might get to do a bit more outside - yay!  Rain dance wasn't me, honest!  Rumour has it my neighbour is out in the moonlight in his altogether prancing about like a good-un, so he's your culprit!  I am ofc a lady so can't confirm the rumour one way or another 😉

    @Davesnave - lots of good things in the 80s, like... umm... okay you have a point.  Best thing was the bad clothes and outrageous perms so it didn't matter if you woke up straight out of bed looking like a scarecrow because back then you were good to go! 😁


    Just my opinion, no offence 🐈
  • CatsacorCatsacor Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Davesnave said:
    Catsacor said:
    Looks like a busy day for you then.
    Why does the new eucalyptus have to do exactly, is it a mature specimen that you're hoping will blow over in the gales onto them ? 🤣
    Long story....far too long...so let's just say that the neighbour tried to intimidate me when I dared to alter things on a patch of  land near their property, so we have a copse of unwanted trees behind the laurels and barbed wire fence that now separate us and him. Behind those trees, we have a line of  'proper' deciduous specimens, like copper beech, Swedish whitebeam and wild service tree, with buddleias for the butterflies. They're what we see. ;)
    So, the eucalyptus is just going into a gap in the 'hotch-potch' section, where it may turn into firewood in 5 years or so. Everything in there is expendable.
    Ah, right, i see - a nice tall, established, eucalypt crashing into their place it is then 🤣🤣🤣
    First, take responsibility .....
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals