Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Replies

• Black_Cat2Black_Cat2 Forumite
    455 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    😁😁

Just watched the weather for today with Carol Kirkwood and she reckons after a bit of a rainy start then the rest of today will be dry πŸ‘.Β  I'll sue her if she's wrong 😼

Plan for today is pottering about in the borders, many weeds have taken hold so they need sorting.Β 
    Just my opinion, no offence 🐈
  • edited 8 October 2020 at 9:05AM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 October 2020 at 9:05AM
    Something has gone drastically wrong! :o Sitting between the moors, we often escape the rain, but we've not had a totally dry day in over a week now. I did manage to have a bonfire and a photoshoot for eBay yesterday, but we ended up confined in the polytunnel again by 4pm.
    Today? Well, today is fish & chips. :smiley: This week I hope not to share the shop with a non-mask-wearing, drunken, swearing dwarf, but it's Kirton, so who knows! :D
    Edit: Don't try to find Kirton on the map. Tis Deb'n talk. ;)
    Crumbs are just crumbs. Don't be grateful to those who stole your cake!
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's back to normal for the week, pouring down & very windy, IOW Hovercraft suspended tells you all you need to know
    Zero outside today except a wheelie bin dash if it eases a bit
    455 Posts
    ✭✭
    Farway said:
    And it's back to normal for the week, pouring down & very windy, IOW Hovercraft suspended tells you all you need to know
    Do you live on the IOW?  Very jealous if you do... 😊
    455 Posts
    ✭✭
    Davesnave said:
    Something has gone drastically wrong! :o Sitting between the moors, we often escape the rain, but we've not had a totally dry day in over a week now. I did manage to have a bonfire and a photoshoot for eBay yesterday, but we ended up confined in the polytunnel again by 4pm.
    Today? Well, today is fish & chips. :smiley: This week I hope not to share the shop with a non-mask-wearing, drunken, swearing dwarf, but it's Kirton, so who knows! :D
    Edit: Don't try to find Kirton on the map. Tis Deb'n talk. ;)
    Lol, fish n chips for us on Saturday evening *yum* - something to look forward to.  Hopefully no swearing yokels in there for us 😁

Just pulled lots of weeds and lots of "tiny weeds" in the gravel around the herb troughs. Not sure which one has flung them out but I have my eye on them!Β  I only have a handful growing, mint, curry plant, thyme, rosemary, chives (might not be classed as herbs but I've stuck some in between) and a couple others which I forget the names of just now.Β  Rain is back so I'm back on the sofa watching the news :/
  • edited 8 October 2020 at 3:28PM
    FarwayFarway Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 October 2020 at 3:28PM
    Farway said:
    No, I'm on the big island nearby :)

455 Posts
    ✭✭
    Farway said:
    Farway said:
    No, I'm on the big island nearby :)

I think I'm on that one too lol πŸ˜‰
  • CatsacorCatsacor Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Big Island - sounds positively Hawaiian 😁 I'd love a proper tropical garden πŸ’“

Well folks, today i bought some .....sshhhh ....... christmas presents πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰Β 
    Wrote some cards at the weekend too !
    It's looming large and as it's a busy time work-wise i get as much done now so i can glide into christmas smoothly and calmly πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ
    First, take responsibility .....
    455 Posts
    ✭✭
    Catsacor said:
    Big Island - sounds positively Hawaiian 😁 I'd love a proper tropical garden πŸ’“

Well folks, today i bought some .....sshhhh ....... christmas presents πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰Β 
    Wrote some cards at the weekend too !
    It's looming large and as it's a busy time work-wise i get as much done now so i can glide into christmas smoothly and calmly πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ
    Blimey you're in christmas mode already!Β  Not sure if I'm impressed or saddened lol πŸ˜‰