We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Awful weather - typical Brits talk
Comments
-
Wet morning here, steady drizzle which is great for the garden, but not so great for my leaky roof. Still no one getting back to me but I have some more leads to follow later on if I CBA.
With the rain I abandoned the idea of going to Morries, so no plant mooching. Being idle rich I have now got a W8rose delivery coming tomorrow instead.
With zero Morries looking for young salad plants idea has evaporated, but I think following on from Dusty advice I'll try salad leaves, not that I expect any success, like 2P, I'm also a failure on that front, but one year who knows.
OT, where I have been a success, to my surprise, 😮
Yesterday I switched my broad band from copper wire, compulsory being withdrawn, to 4G Mi Fi, using a pay monthly SIM card. and mains, unlocked 4G router. Trial run as experiment. The fibre alternative here is not the real thing, it's 50/50 fibre / copper, and no landline phone. So given as it was all going to be compromises I thought s*d it and went for trial mobile option. Amazingly it worked, plug & play, including the TV streaming films, YT etc. I may have to up my data allowance later, hence the trial, but first indications are £20 month less and same speeds on a monthly cancel any-time mobile contract.
Back to the soil, now Morries run has been abandoned I'll pot up the posh daffs, in the not so posh pot. I can stick them outside for watering & overwintering
Could your big plane be a C5 Galaxy Dusty? Says they can fit five helicopters inside one, so must be huuuuuge
Galaxy nicely segues into wishing 2P good hunting for a mobile today, and heather honey. I keep meaning to get some local here, but never have a roundtoit at hand
Supposed to get chillier, so once rain eases i'll pick the last outdoors toms
Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club3 -
You have my utmost commiserations for looking for tradesmen Farway. Having waited 4yrs for a bathroom, over a year to get a thermostat fitted. Only one gets back to say he's too busy. It feels personal when not replied to. You do wish for some sort of karma where they are concerned.
Interesting about your BB. I'm still on copper having been taken over by 3or 4 providers and looks like another coming. Still on a cheap contract but the time will surely come so watching your progress with interest. I do like the idea of not being tied into a contract. I think they should up the pension with us being obliged to have BB and data stuff.
Mobile purchase may be more than I should pay but right now feel I have enough to do playing catch-up with all the takeovers and makeovers, closures and not being able to get into big town because of roadworks.
Obviously I need another day in the garden to calm down 🙂
I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!
viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on
The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well
2 -
I can only dream of a lettuce patch like that, I’m with 2p cannot get flowers to clump they go a wandering.
Farway hope the arms are better, I’m only having the flu one, but it’s not due yet. 2p I used to work at the shop you mentioned for green lipped mussel over 25 years ago, I’ve just started taking a joint powder, I’ll give it 3 months to see if I get any joy.
Beautiful sunny day here breeze is a bit chill though. Ive done my dom nom, and dd2s. Washing out on both lines 😂
I may have a wander around my garden before I shower and change out of my scruffy duds.
Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.0 -
As I walked back from town yesterday, I noticed lots of white flies, I kept walking through pockets of them. When I mentioned to dd she said it had been reported on local news that all around this area was seeing a huge influx.
I mentioned to dgson to keep an eye on the tomatoes, he’s still got rafts ripening up yet.
Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


