We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

1…165116521653165416551657»

Comments

  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 3,446 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic

    2p: Quaking in my boots here. 40 roadworks in Taunton where the hospital is.

    I hope you made it OK. 🤞

    My van's MOT went very well 😁, and so did the walk I took while it was being checked-over. I saw another Clouded Yellow in a churchyard and had the ID confirmed by a gentleman, also out for his daily constitutional. He could remember the winter of '46/47, so was obviously older than me, but he didn't move like it! 😮

    There will be a photo or two of things I spotted tomorrow. 😎

    Meanwhile…

    Farway: I had a call on my mobile yesterday, and I actually managed to answer it before it went to voicemail. Once my calls go to voicemail they are gone forever, I CBA to try & get to them, on assumption if really urgent or important people who need to know have my landline & e-mail.

    I don't know if this is relevant, but after going full fibre, our landline phone stopped recording messages, and they fell into the voicemail abyss.😨 AI explained this was because voicemail was activating after a 'medium' wait period, while our phone was set to something longer. So, I increased the wait period of voicemail to maximum. Today, when I rang home, the phone recorder cut in after 8 rings and effectively stopped voicemail from activating. Result! 😊

    OT: Sunny here after a rather cloudy middle of the day. I missed a spectacular almost full moon last night. 😩Some dampness expected overnight, but a proper deluge seems still on for tomorrow after dark and into Wednesday.

    Never believe anything until it's officially denied.

  • Well, we were supposed to have a deluge on Sunday, but only drizzle arrived… And we were due clear blue skies this morning, but greeted by thick(ish) fog, which persisted until lunchtime… Will not hold breath for any anticipated weather…

    Hope 2P made it home safely and not stuck on some blasted heath in darkness, whatever the weather…

  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 9,312 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Happy on some blasted heath Less. Not in overdeveloped towns 😄

    They are to dig up the road to the hospital in a weeks time. Not a time to need an ambulance. The whole town is covered in orange cones, yellow wires in the sky for traffic lights and diggers. The few remaining shops must be suffering.

    Going through my photos I found some of weird clouds I'll post when back on my computer.

    Hoping for two quiet days 🙏 to potter. I did pot up some mint for a friend. That was it.

    I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!

    viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

    The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.