We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

1…165416551656165716581660»

Comments

  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic
    edited Today at 11:31AM

    -taff: Dusty, hope your face and head are ok today

    Sorry, I wasn't clear about the sting, which was on my hand. The pain didn't last long, and I was unlucky, as these bees would normally sit on your hand calmly without using their only means of defence. I had to poke them about quite a bit to get them in a container! 😥 Here's a photo. This is what you might spot, Farway. Sorry no scale object, but approx honey bee size.

    P1180106.JPG

    GB, we're going to get a shredder too, but not sure about the brand yet. I think a 7hp will be adequate. 15hp seems OTT. I'm inclined to consider Rotatech as their chainsaw blades are cheaper and work better than the Stihl originals for me. 😉

    I hope your roofer gets back to you faster than our tractor hedge flail guy, Farway. We left a phone message about 6 or 7 weeks ago, and he replied this week. Deb'n time again! 🙄 Yes, we finally got our fibre broadband, but not before two stand-offs with me saying (politely) "Gerroffofmoilaaand!" and a couple of proper goes. The contractors we had at first were 🤠 and even put cables on power poles unlawfully in the hope of plumbing us in by the cheapest route. Those have been quietly removed now by Openreach. It's the Wild West. Say no more! 🤐

    2p:Dusty they have your purple plant in a potted arrangement in Morrisons. They were lovely but despite temptation I felt I've done enough pot watering this year. At the weekend I may weeken 😊

    Amaranthus are annuals. You could grow your own next year. I could send a bit of seed over…😉 Also, there are two types: Chinese amaranth, which is primarily raised for eating the young leaves, and the decorative sorts that are more for showy seed heads. They produce edible seeds, but probably more interest to birds.

    OT: It's turned out nice again. 😀 Yesterday, I did the mega-shop, so there's a whole 3 days ahead for potential gardening. No predicted rain in the week to come, but that doesn't mean we won't have some!

    Spotted on the village street on my MOT walk last Monday, a new concept in (not so) mobile gardening! 🤣

    P1180115.JPG

    Never believe anything until it's officially denied.

  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 19,789 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I’m looking at a ryobi 2500W electric shredder Dusty - not quite as powerful as what you’re after, but then I don’t have quite the same volume of material to process as you!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.