We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

1…165516561657165816591661»

Comments

  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,891 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper

    Dull, grey but mild, supposed to be last warmish day and going to seasonal normal [cold] later in the week

    2P, odd thing with pots and roots into soil. When wanted, like yours, they wont. When not wanted, like a seedling buddleia, the roots creep out and go everywhere

    Spotted first signs of the new season's vine weevil crop 🤬. Some foxgloves in pet poo trough have keeled over, roots gone. Then found one of the Morries fuchsia wilting and getting rootless. The last of my toms are still growing there so I'll pick them later in week, remove the stems & water in some nourishing Jeyes Fluid based Vine Weevil food once the human food is out of the way

    The toadstools / mushrooms [Yellow Stainer ]are coming up in my grass since the rain. I took a photo but all i have is a white blob, I can't safely bend enough to get down and get a proper photo

    Gardening today, spotted an offer of free P & P at T & M, I'm about to order some amaranth seeds for next year, 89p a packet, one is Fat Spike, the other is a purple leaved jobby. Only 89p a packet so giving them a try for next year.

    I'll have a browse before I click "buy" just in case some other must haves are there

    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    The grass remains wet so still no mowing.

    The lavender pinata I stuck in as a stick continues to go berserk and no matter how much I hack it back sends shoots out of the hardwood 😬 it's choking the rose, Jasmine and catching on the washing. Of course the one in the flower bed has barely made a move 🙄

    Cut back only last week

    1000012223.jpg

    I've to get the cleanings from the gutter full of tree seeds and the Christmas tree that didn't survive the drought down to the recycling and I'm at table tennis this afternoon. I was going to get a phone but may leave that till tomorrow if this is the last sunny day and get on with small table repairs which needs to be done outside.

    I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!

    viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

    The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well


  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic

    2p: Hope all jabs are relatively painless. 🤕

    I got mine, in a moment of madness, not on Clapham Common, but in the overgrown orchard we rarely go in. There, at dusk, waiting for the hens to go to bed, I forgot I was wearing shorts and accidentally waded into a nettle bed to pick an apple. It hurt a lot more than the bee stings, taking hours to fade. 😐️

    Farway: Spotted first signs of the new season's vine weevil crop 🤬

    Ah, I'm prepared, so it'll be a case of treating the susceptible potted stuff when we next have a naff weather day. That's all the geraniums, geums, and a few individuals, like persicaria. Others, less tasty to VW, will take their chances. I haven't seen any adults for months. False sense of security? 🙁

    The seaweed sniffing seers suggest we here have 2 more summer-like days here, but with early mist and fog, like now. The sun was just breaking through, before it didn't. 😣However, the still weather was ideal yesterday for laying out and fixing a 10m x 2m long section of ground cover on the slope north of the polytunnel. This was supposed to have been grassed about 3 years ago, so hopefully, when spring arrives I'll whip off the ground cover and sow some seed into clean earth. Right now, I have about 150m2 of flat ground to prep and sow on the other side. 😩 It's a rough track to the field, or will be, so I'll not be too fussy. 😉

    P1180036.JPG

    Speaking of fussy, get this for a tidy lettuce bed. I don't need to tell you where. It's certainly not here! 😂

    Never believe anything until it's officially denied.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.