edited 2 October 2020 at 8:44AM in Compers Chat Corner
74 replies 3.7K views
1234568»

Replies

• BluluBlulu Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    This site has become impossible to post on due to a totally inadequate search system.
    It's no use using links, you have to go over the whole pages from when it may have been pasted (Yea, have tried excluding all the threads, closes comps etc. Does't work :/ ) No wonder less and less folk are posting comps :) 
    You are so right grannyb. I don't post many comps these days, but when I do, it's a nightmare searching to see if it's already been posted. I know they've made some improvements, but it's not exactly 'fit for purpose' anymore is it?

Blu XXX
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as  I can tell all the missing features from the old comp time are still missing or have not been properly restored (never mind the abject farce which passes for the search function) and on top of that you have to enter a system date to post a competition which is of no benefit to the poster as it doesn't even show in the thread title
  • remote_controlremote_control Forumite
    590 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,
    I have just discovered these threads, I thought it was just me who couldn't work the forum. But after comping for 10 years + I stopped when the forum updated as I find the search function too difficult to use - I used to just search for things I wanted to win (e.g. 'family', 'holiday' 'trip' etc) and it would only bring up competitions from the main board and game over. I used the tick system to know if I'd entered it already. The other thing I liked about the old forum was when you clicked on a link it opened it a new tab. 
    It's only after reading your posts today that I realised it was not just me who is having problems and I feel sad now that I've barely entered any competitions over the last year or two because of this. I used to find it enjoyable and relaxing. 
    Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
    All the best x
  • BluluBlulu Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, remote-control. You defo haven't posted in the wrong place, and it's really helpful, in my opinion, to have newer posts confirming what many of us are trying/hoping to see changed.

Blu XXX