What's the cheapest drink at the pub?

Options
bp5678
bp5678 Posts: 413 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 19 September 2020 at 5:14AM in Going out deals
I'm going to sound really boring but I'm a water drinker at home. Even if I've got an early start for work, I still drink water not coffee. In the office it's water. After a long hard week at work, it'll still be a glass of water with my dinner.
The only time I don't drink water is when I'm going to social events/going for dinner or to a bar. In an ideal world I'd still get tap water in these places too but that's sort of frowned upon so I'd rather not get judged like that. FYI I'm not just drinking water because it's cheap but because it's healthy too and I don't find it bland and boring.

Anyway at a pub what's the cheapest drink you can have - both alcoholic and non alcoholic (excluding water)?

Comments

• bp5678
    edited 18 September 2020 at 7:14PM
    Options
    I'm going to sound really boring but I'm a water drinker at home. Even if I've got an early start for work, I still drink water not coffee. In the office it's water. After a long hard week at work, it'll still be a glass of water with my dinner.

The only time I don't drink water is when I'm going to social events/going for dinner or to a bar. In an ideal world I'd still get tap water in these places too but that's sort of frowned upon so I'd rather not get judged like that. FYI I'm not just drinking water because it's cheap but because it's healthy too and I don't find it bland and boring.

Anyway at a pub what's the cheapest drink you can have - both alcoholic and non alcoholic (excluding water)?
  • bp5678
    edited 18 September 2020 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Somehow this post was duplicated. Please reply on my other post: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6192068/whats-the-cheapest-drink-at-the-pub#latest

Also could a mod close this thread please?
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Options
    Varies wildly on location and type of place.

My advice. Look at the price list.

• bp5678
    Options
    Carrot007 said:
    Varies wildly on location and type of place.

My advice. Look at the price list. Based in the South East near Woking.

Just your bog standard pub or bar. 
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    Options
    Soda water and lime is what my mother drinks but some pubs seem to have a minimum price for soft drinks and they are not much cheaper than beer.  As has been said, check the price list or ask the bar person what's their cheapest drink.
  • annabanana82
    Options
    Either lime or blackcurrant soda, but a lot of places do squash that should be cheaper 
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • Iamdebtfree
    Options
    Glass of crap 'wine' in your local Whetherspoons (think cooking vinegar with the cell by date of circa 1991) - around £2.50. Real Italian Cianti (nothing major, just what they consider good wine in Italy) in a good wine bar in London Mayfair- around a tenner.

There you go. You get the gist. 

• Iamdebtfree
    Options
    SELL by date even. Ugh, hate crap grammar
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    At Wethersoons it appears to be tea or coffee, followed by Coca-cola or San Pellegrino.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Cheapest non-alcoholic drink by far is, as others have suggested, soda and lime or soda and blackcurrant. Cheaper even than a cuppa or a coke. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback