Skipton Building Society

SFindlay
SFindlay Posts: 389 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 15 September 2020 at 9:13AM in Savings & investments
Heads up that they've just released online bonus saver issue 7 paying 1.2% (includes 0.5% bonus) variable however I'm having issues with the online application process as just takes you to the member login page!! Anybody else applied and having same issues or is it just me (tried on a couple of different browsers)?? 

Has anybody already got an easy access account with them as just wondered are withdrawals to nominated account usually processed same day if a weekday? 

EDIT - Application process now seems to be working, must have been waiting to start work at 9am!!!!

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This has a lot going for it. I made a note of their Issue 6 which offered 0.95% for 6 months. This is better. Virtually unlimited deposits, easy withdrawals, online operation. The 0.5% bonus only lasts for the first 12 months. A rival for Marcus?
  • schiff said:
    This has a lot going for it. I made a note of their Issue 6 which offered 0.95% for 6 months. This is better. Virtually unlimited deposits, easy withdrawals, online operation. The 0.5% bonus only lasts for the first 12 months. A rival for Marcus?
    Yeah completely agree and easy application once the switch had obviously been flicked at 9 o'clock!!

£10 already deposited to formally open it , never know how long it will remain available as will soon show as top of best rate tables. I like my Marcus account especially the fact I can more or less instantaneously withdraw to nominated account 24/7 so just wonder how quick Skipton are as never had an account with them. 
  • d63
    d63 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SFindlay said:
    Heads up that they've just released online bonus saver issue 7 paying 1.2% (includes 0.5% bonus) variable however I'm having issues with the online application process as just takes you to the member login page!! Anybody else applied and having same issues or is it just me (tried on a couple of different browsers)?? 

Has anybody already got an easy access account with them as just wondered are withdrawals to nominated account usually processed same day if a weekday? 

EDIT - Application process now seems to be working, must have been waiting to start work at 9am!!!!
    i too had a bit of a problem trying to open the account, the application seemed to be going ok, until the final page when it just went back to the beginning again without any acknowledgment that the account had been opened. very odd. anyway, since i already have an account with them, i logged in as usual and then applied for the new account again from there, and everything then went quite smoothly and was able to add some money with a debit card. 
  • schiff
    schiff said:
    A possible destination for my £5K in Lloyds at the beginning of October, to continue the same interest rate.
  • schiff
    Skipton
    The maturity date on the Issue 7 opened today shows 14/3/21! It looks like a carry forward from Issue 6; I've messaged them.
    Very slick application procedure.
    Disappointed (personally) that an app on a smart phone seems to be part of operating the account. I much prefer laptop at home, but you could put that down to my age! 
  • I noticed the maturity date too. Sure it will be changed..
    Just for others considering the account you can operate online via laptop etc but, even if you decline to give mobile in application process, you will need to download the Skipton app to be able to do certain functions, including withdrawing money! The App is also used as a 2FA device. 
    Opening experience smooth for me. Awaiting postal letter now so I can register the App.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just noticed this in Skipton online.

"Payments made by cheque or debit card will start to earn interest from the third working day after you have paid in.
    The date displayed above is the transaction date."

This is also in the Ts&Cs, 15.1
  • Ehube said:
    I noticed the maturity date too. Sure it will be changed..
    Just for others considering the account you can operate online via laptop etc but, even if you decline to give mobile in application process, you will need to download the Skipton app to be able to do certain functions, including withdrawing money! The App is also used as a 2FA device. 
    Opening experience smooth for me. Awaiting postal letter now so I can register the App.
    Hi Ehube,
    That is correct, we do have an alternative to the app which is the grid card, although this will be removed in the coming months in favour of a one-time passcode feature which is sent via text - more on this to come soon! 
    In the meantime, the app is the best way to keep your account safe and monitor your account. Feel free to contact our customer service or Twitter/Facebook team if you have any questions! 
  • d63 said:
    i too had a bit of a problem trying to open the account, the application seemed to be going ok, until the final page when it just went back to the beginning again without any acknowledgment that the account had been opened. very odd. anyway, since i already have an account with them, i logged in as usual and then applied for the new account again from there, and everything then went quite smoothly and was able to add some money with a debit card. 
    Sorry to hear you had issues, if you experience it again in the future we'd really appreciate you getting in touch with our customer service so we can identify and fix the issue. I'm glad everything else when smoothly though, happy to help if you have any questions! 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Jack, if you really are a Skipton employee and want to represent yourself as such on here then you need to be verified by the forum admins:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/#accordion-content-608874365-0
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback