Time to Face The Music

Comments

• Lucky you haggis, delicious. As nobody else in the house likes it I only get to eat if I go to a haggis supper.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • We have family that live up in Scotland who bring us proper haggis down when they come to visit and Stornoway black pudding. The best black pudding you can get.

They have not come down this year though due to Covid so I have had to order this online.
  • I belong to a local group who once a year hold a haggis supper, one of our members travels to Scotland to buy the haggis :smiley: obviously they combine it with other things. One year they were seriously unwell and it involved a lot of arrangements to acquire the haggis as the correct brand was required. I think it will be awhile before the group can meet again. 
    Do you address the haggis?
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • No we don't address it :)

• alt80
    alt80 Posts: 4,154
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dog enjoying the boat sounds brilliant! 

Never actually tried haggis lol always wanted to have a driving holiday in Scotland and try it and also visit some of the distilleries. 
  • alt80 said:
    Dog enjoying the boat sounds brilliant! 

Never actually tried haggis lol always wanted to have a driving holiday in Scotland and try it and also visit some of the distilleries. 
    Got a brilliant holiday for you then. Hire a motorhome and do the NC500. 

Other than the cost of the motorhome hire it can be a really cheap holiday. You can wildcamp so no site fees to pay and some of the places you can see are simply stunning. Just the cost of food and drink then.
  • The haggis was lovely last night.

Today is going to be a busy day. The last day before we go away so lots of sorting out to do. Not a no spend day today as we have a T*e*co delivery coming this morning with some stuff we will need for the boat, mainly booze and the car needs filling up with diesel. 

Breakfast, lunch and dinner will all come from stores and the fridge today. The other half has taken his packed lunch to work, I will rustle something up from the fridge and tonight on the boat we are having cajun salmon and stir fried vegetables along with a few beers.

Today's jobs are:
    • working from home
    • sorting and putting away home shopping delivery
    • waiting for chap to pick up battery (£11.50 made on this one for the holiday spends pot)
    • vacuuming the house
    • load of washing (please dry washer dryer!)
    • packing my holiday bag
    • packing dog's holiday bag
    • walking the dog x 2
    The people who should have been coming to sort out our patio doors this week cancelled yesterday due to being short staffed due to Covid so they are now rebooked for 22nd October. This is annoying as it is the last of our snagging list to be sorted and we really wanted it to be finished. But nothing much can be done about it, will just have to hope they can come on the 22nd to sort them out.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,403
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

Got a brilliant holiday for you then. Hire a motorhome and do the NC500. 

Other than the cost of the motorhome hire it can be a really cheap holiday. You can wildcamp so no site fees to pay and some of the places you can see are simply stunning. Just the cost of food and drink then.
    I use a motorhome forum and apparently the NC500 is getting so busy it's difficult actually finding wild camping spots.  It has become such a popular holiday destination, particularly this year!  Also motorhomes are extremely expensive to hire, which is to be expected because motorhomes are very expensive to buy and hire companies tend to use new motorhomes as they get more use in a year than most motorhomes would as they would probably be rented out virtually every week from Easter to end October and then still some rentals during the winter.  A lot of motorhomes will probably not get used for more than the equivalent of 4 - 6 weeks particularly if the owners are still working.

• That is me finished with work for a couple of weeks. It felt good to put the computer away knowing I won't have to look at it for a while.

Just waiting for the other half to get home now, then I will load the car up while he has a shower and then we can set off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback