Time to Face The Music

Comments

• alt80
    alt80 Posts: 4,190
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    As I mentioned I would like to do a boating holiday at some point probably something to work towards rather than for now. From the use you get it looks like it’s worth owning for you.

Perfect weather for a bbq. A while back we spent quite a lot of money on garden furniture one of the best purchases we’ve made especially for this year. 
  • alt80 said:
    As I mentioned I would like to do a boating holiday at some point probably something to work towards rather than for now. From the use you get it looks like it’s worth owning for you.

Perfect weather for a bbq. A while back we spent quite a lot of money on garden furniture one of the best purchases we’ve made especially for this year. 
    We bought a new build last April and the patio it had was more of a token jesture than anything useful. We were fortunate that we managed to get the patio extended by a local company the day before lock down!

We have had to make do with a cheap patio furniture set from Tesco for now as it was all we could get at the time but it has had a lot of use this summer and we are glad that we at least managed ti get something.

We started off with boating holidays on the Norfolk Broads before we took the plunge and bought our own boat.We love it on the Broads and have taken our own boat several times as well as hiring out of season down there. If you go towards the beginning or towards the end of the season you can get some good deals.

We are supposed to be hiring in Belgium next April but we shall see if Covid might put a stop to that again. We have already had to postpone this holiday twice now!!
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,226
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 16 September 2020 at 7:11AM
    A little update on our account balances:

Credit Card 1: 0% £450 balance, £150pm payment 
    Credit Card 2: 29.9% £590 balance, £80pm payment 
    Car Finance HP:  £4690 balance £251pm last payment February 2022

Debt 1 (old store card): £46.45 balance, £46.45 payment
    Credit Card 3: 29.9% £3590 balance, £200pm payment
    Credit Card 4: 0% £4660 balance, £100pm payment
    Credit Card 5: 0% £8018 balance, £150pm payment
    Furniture Loan: 0% £690 balance, £16pm payment
  • Another no spend day today. 

Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be from the fridge and freezer and the other half has taken his packed lunch to work.

My jobs for today are:
    • Working from home.
    • vacuuming the house.
    • load of washing which may or may not be hung outside depending on if the dryer feels like drying today!
    • if the dryer dries I have a second load of bedding from the boat to wash.
    • prepping a load of corn on the cob we have been given ready for the freezer.
    • walking the dog x 2
    • dusting the house

We enjoyed last nights BBQ that much we have decided we will have another one tonight after work as well. It was lovely sat in the garden as the sun went down with the chiminea keeping us warm. Only thing missing was a gin and tonice but as it is a weekday it was a no alcohol day..........
  • Forgot to mention. The two used leisure batteries that we replaced on the boat that we put for sale on Ebay are currently bid up to £31 with four days left to run on the auction!

We would usually have taken these straight to the tip for disposal.

We are going to have a little sort through some other stuff at home and see what else we have to get rid of and sell. It probably won't be much as we had a massive declutter when we moved house last year but if we can find a few bits to sell it will be better than nothing.
  • We had an unexpected bill yesterday of £240 which has thrown this months budget about somewhat. It looks increasingly likely that we will end up dipping into the overdraft this month which we were keen to avoid.

Today will be a no spend day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all from the fridge and freezer and the other half has taken his packed lunch to work.

Today's jobs are:
    • Working from home
    • Cleaning the kitchen
    • Cleaning the bathrooms
    • Cutting the grass in the back garden
    • Walking the dog x 2
    • Portioning up and sorting out the half pig, chicken and other meat due to be delivered today.
    This morning I have already rounded the bank balance to the pound with the pence going into the savings account and I have checked on the Ebay batteries which have now bid up to £33.
  • The spare freezer is looking a bit more stocked up now it has today's delivery of pork, chicken, turkey, beef shin, mince, haggis and black pudding in it.

Scary thing is it is still not full!!

Might buy another half sheep and steak and mince box when we get back off holiday which should then fill it.

One thing is for sure we won't be needing to buy meat for a long while when it is fully stocked up  :D

Oh and I checked on the batteries again and they are at £43 now with a couple of days left to go. Mad.
  • alt80
    alt80 Posts: 4,190
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Enough meat to last the winter there I think. 

New build developers aren’t exactly generous when it comes to finish. See it all the time in my line of work: quite shocking the way they leave some gardens of a brand new house which will be someone’s pride and joy.

The boating holidays sound fantastic! 
  • I have just caught up with your diary. How many meals do you expect to get out of today's delivery? I am trying to work out how much we would be able to store and how long it would last us. The second question which suppliers do you use? I would love to be in this position.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • alt80 said:
    Enough meat to last the winter there I think. 

New build developers aren’t exactly generous when it comes to finish. See it all the time in my line of work: quite shocking the way they leave some gardens of a brand new house which will be someone’s pride and joy.

The boating holidays sound fantastic! 
    To be fair to the developers this development isn't too bad. The finish is a lot better than some. There are certain things that we don't like and will change over time but we reserved the plot when it was already completed so didn't get to choose fixtures and fittings. We hate the work surface and the sink in the kitchen, but it can wait to be replaced,  nothing wrong with it for now. 

We love being on the water. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure