IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking - Canvey Island Seafront

Comments

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Have you complained to your MP yet?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • dfdandan
    dfdandan Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    D_P_Dance said:
    Have you complained to your MP yet?
    yes I have and also to the local MP for canvey Island. Included them into my email to the landowner as well. No reply as of yet!
  • This is the reply I received from Movie Starr

Dear Danny,

Thank you for your email.

As you correctly stated, we have a process when requesting PCN's to be cancelled by Britannia Parking. We therefore kindly ask for you to prove your visit to us, by means of a ticket reference number corresponding with the day and time of the PCN, or evidence of payment for a cinema ticket. Once we have either of these plus the registration to the vehicle that received the PCN, we can then send these to be processed to be cancelled.

Unfortunately if neither of the requested can be shown to us then you would have to use the appeal process that is set out in the PCN. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Movie Starr

We don’t have proof of purchase for a film ticket as we paid by cash and wasn’t given a receipt. We then gave our number plate and they entered it into there system. How do we reply and what do we say??

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Exactly what you have told us seems fine to me.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • So should I reply to Movie Starr stating the above reply? 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 September 2020 at 1:45PM
    How do we reply and what do we say??
    In the absence of the proof they are seeking you should provide as much details of the event to give them some evidence that you were a genuine patron, like:

Date of the event
    Film title
    Number in your party
    Exact amount tendered
    The purchases you made (popcorn, sweets, Coca Cola) at extortionate prices
    Time you left the car park. 

.... might be some of the information that might help. But you do appear to think there's a single silver bullet to relieve you of this parking charge. I'm afraid it's not that easy; the 'film' you're now starring in could be a long running one. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas said:
    How do we reply and what do we say??
    In the absence of the proof they are seeking you should provide as much details of the event to give them some evidence that you were a genuine patron, like:

Date of the event
    Film title
    Number in your party
    Exact amount tendered
    The purchases you made (popcorn, sweets, Coca Cola) at extortionate prices
    Time you left the car park. 

.... might be some of the information that might help. But you do appear to think there's a single silver bullet to relieve you of this parking charge. I'm afraid it's not that easy; the 'film' you're now starring in could be a long running one. 
    I replied and received this reply

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the information you have provided is incorrect as we did not have “American Pickle” in the cinema at this time.

Without the correct evidence  (I.E: Tickets, Transaction number, bank statements ) we are unable to process anything with Britannia parking because we have a set protocol with them, where we have to provide the evidence.

You will need to follow the steps on the PCN to dispute this directly with Britannia.

Kind regards,

Movie Starr

• We have until tomorrow to appeal within the 14days otherwise the fine will go up to £100. Even though it states we have 28days to appeal. Should we send the appeal template to Britannia Parking which is in the newbies bit of the forum??
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    It looks like you are going to have to as you are getting no joy from Movie Starr, who turn out to be not so much of a star and they have spoiled your last ever visit to their establishment!  Have you told them that neither you, your family nor your friends can afford to give them the benefit of your custom ever again if every visit comes with a surcharge of £100.  
  • Le_Kirk said:
    It looks like you are going to have to as you are getting no joy from Movie Starr, who turn out to be not so much of a star and they have spoiled your last ever visit to their establishment!  Have you told them that neither you, your family nor your friends can afford to give them the benefit of your custom ever again if every visit comes with a surcharge of £100.  
    Yes my last message was very honest and firm mentioning this that we would not give them our custom ever again. 

So shall we just appeal to Britannia Parking now??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback