IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal Letter of Claim

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They dont need it in order to ID you. But of course its ok to give it to them. 
    STOP being worried sick
    There are no solicitor fees unless you behave unreasonably
    IF you lose - and we win 99% when people stay engaged with teh forum all the way through - the total cost is £200 and no more. 
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    elljones said:
    Thanks @Coupon-mad
    Like I’m mentioned, I’m totally new to this forum, and I’m really worried about what will happen. I’m in no position to afford court/solicitor fees. I have contacted my local
    MP.
    After contacting OPS regarding a SAR, they’ve replied asking for the case number and date which I didn’t include in my SAR letter. Is it ok to supply them with this? 
    @Pa@ParkingMad If you have a phone number that I could ring for advice, that would be great! 
    Should I basically accept that I will be going to court at this point? I’ve been worried sick. 
    Hey, no need to be worried sick. OPS is Coupon-mad's favourite vermin and when it comes to the daft DCBL, they have already damaged themselves by adding a fake amount. Greed and lies is their weakness and that is perfect for a judge to kick them out of court

As far as OPS wanting the court case info,  whoops, are OPS on the funny stuff ?  No harm doing that and just play the game of unruly children. When you have won, you can look back on this thread and laugh
  • Sorry - what i meant by ‘case number’ was ‘Parking Charge number, my head is fried! this is their reply to my SAR:

“All data held by One Parking Solution is catalogued according to the parking charge reference numbers and the registrations of the vehicles the charges are issued to.

Please confirm the vehicle registration and parking charge reference number so that we may identify any data relating to you.“

It’s ok to give it to them yes? Even though I supplies my name, address and two utility bills. I don’t want to fall into a trap of acknowledging specific “debts”.

Thanks all for your help. I’m still awaiting a reply from DCBL.

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Of course you tell them the PCN reference ... why on earth would you think otherwise?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You can of of course point out to them that that's an unacceptable requirement, and they are required under the dpa2018 to find all data relating to you, the person. You are not a pcn ref, so you need them to confirm that if you do supply a pcn ref, that means all data relating to you, even if under another pcn ref , will be returned 

if not then your complaint to the ico will happen
    btw your original deadline of 3p days expires on.... and has not been stopped by this bizarre request to furnish a pcn ref.
  • Hello everyone, I'm also new here. I've read the newbies thread and I understand that I'm supposed to reply to a similar thread rather than start my own. I've received this letter regarding a time last year when I parked on double yellows at a hospital. I did not appeal the PCN and I have ignored all the letters that I received. DCBL have already taken me to county court recently over two other parking fines where I had to pay £437 in total because of my lack of knowledge. I already know from my SAR that they have two other parking fines on me (including this one) so this time i'm ready to give them a fight. I already have all of the information that OPS has on me (photos etc.) and am in desperate need of advice for what to do next.

I would like to respond to the letter, as I understand from this thread, I should reply to them denying the debt and ask what legal authority they have to charge me an extra £60. Is that enough for now?

Thanks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 August 2020 at 11:11AM
    brighton1998 ...... this is not your thread. If you want help please start your own thread

This thread is exclusive for elljones
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 August 2020 at 2:02PM
    Yes , plus email a SAR to the DPO at the PPC involved , so to OPS if they are the PPC , attaching a copy of the V5C or scans of 2 recent redacted utility bills

Start your own thread for bespoke advice
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I understand that I'm supposed to reply to a similar thread rather than start my own.
    Where did you get that idea from?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    KeithP said:
    I understand that I'm supposed to reply to a similar thread rather than start my own.
    Where did you get that idea from?
    Only works for CST Law or the airport group threads.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback