🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Student loans and pensions

Options

Comments

• leighavfc
    Options
    Delete33 wrote: »
    Brilliant news leighavfc, Keep it going matey:j:T:beer::cool:

Can edit my signature again !!! :beer::j:T:rotfl:
    DEBT FREE AS OF 28/6/17 :j:beer:
  • Delete33
    Options
    Soon be under £1000, leighavfc, :cool:
  • James3891
    Options
    Well done Leigh, it's great tearing through them and reductions just as nice as refunds with some.Credit file healing slowly is another big boost from it.I'd imagine the number of DCA's or PDL companies taking people to court over historic debts must have fallen sharply as a lot of loans surely wouldn't stand up to scrutiny now.
  • Delete33
    Options
    I think the PDL are shocked by the amount of customers who are complaining, they seem overwhelmed by it all. The PDL need to employ more staff to deal with these complaints as it takes an age to get a resolution with some. It is down to Debt Camel website ( Sarah ) and the OP on MSE ( Woody ) that ex customers and current customers have been made aware they can complain about irresponsible lending. I continue to inform as many people I can regarding this long process, lets hope most people are given redress before Christmas.
  • leighavfc
    leighavfc Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2016 at 10:42PM
    Options
    Yeah im really pleased, its absolutely amazing what a few well worded emails can do. I have relatively small debts with PDL companys, i think the biggest one was for around £500 including interest. Theres just many of them!! I thought i was one of the worst offenders when it come to PDL's, but some of the total number of loans and the numbers involved in them loans from stories and posts ive seen are staggering. Just goes to show you how many people are affected by this loan cycle.

Getting this money knocked off for me is a huge bonus as im so close to finishing my DMP and this has basically wiped a tenth of the balance off in one swoop without me paying anything!!

I still have 6 more PDL to chase after:

2 are investigating and will come back with final response (QQ and SafetyNet).

2 are yet to respond (Wonga, Cash Genie,).

Payday UK are asking me to send £1 postal order for statement of account which im gonna post off tomorrow (i have no details of loan to make my case so think i need to do this.)

Waiting for Wagedayadvance to send me statement of account, have sent a reminder to them as its been 3 days since they responded.

I tell you what im so glad i joined this site, absolutely brilliant especially the forums and the people on here. So much knowledge!!! It has basically give my head a wobble and put my life back on track financially. All just from a few posts of advice!

Hopefully i will actually be able to start saving money for a deposit on a house soon, im 28!!! And have 2 young kids so would be nice.... One step at a time though !
  • Delete33
    Options
    You will get there leighavfc, I am an old fart now 56, wiser and calmer. I like challenges such as tackling the PDL, I helped people claim for PPI and Bank Charges, I enjoy the chase and the end game. Into week 7 next week since my Adjudicator passed my PDUK complaint on to an Ombudsman, I do not mind waiting, I started my complaints back in January so I will not be giving up or going away.:cool:
  • leighavfc
    Options
    Delete33 wrote: »
    You will get there leighavfc, I am an old fart now 56, wiser and calmer. I like challenges such as tackling the PDL, I helped people claim for PPI and Bank Charges, I enjoy the chase and the end game. Into week 7 next week since my Adjudicator passed my PDUK complaint on to an Ombudsman, I do not mind waiting, I started my complaints back in January so I will not be giving up or going away.:cool:

Good for you, i wish i claimed for my bank charges. I had horrendous amounts of them a few years back!! Yeah im not bothered how long it takes as im only 7 months away from finishing up anyway, so along as its before then :cheesy:
  • Dano1311
    Options
    Credit to you all, keep it up, these companies chased some of the most vulnerable people in society and robbed them blind, im hoping more people can get money back from them.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,049 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    leighavfc wrote: »
    Good for you, i wish i claimed for my bank charges. I had horrendous amounts of them a few years back!! Yeah im not bothered how long it takes as im only 7 months away from finishing up anyway, so along as its before then :cheesy:

You can still claim for them now.

Usually you can claim for historic charges up to six years ago, or further back if you have evidence of them.

You also have to be in financial difficulty, which is also the case, whats stopping you ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • cashburner
    Options
    Morning all, I just really found out about this last week when someone mentioned they had received money back from a PDL.

I was using PDL'S from virtually the day they appeared on the market, I am a recovering gambling addict (it was someone at GA who mentioned this). As you can imagine I was borrowing initially to pay a mortgage payment I had lost and then obviously lost the loan as well, the whole thing spiraled from there. I'm not saying I was right to borrow ay of this money when I knew I couldn't afford it, quite the opposite in fact, however the point is that the PDL companies themselves were utterly irresponsible and prayed on the vulnerable (being an addict I believe this made me vulnerable), simple checks by the lenders would have revealed I was in deep trouble with escalating PDL dates and increasing arrears on mortgage, secured loans and other unsecured credit. They didn't do this and just doled out money to make a quick buck, to me their attitude was not just unethical but completely immoral. This is why I've issued the letters and am prepared to go all the way to the FOS with every one of them.

So far I've written to (an eye watering list):

Wonga
    Early Pay Day
    Sunny
    Peachy
    Mini Credit
    Lending Stream
    Pay Day Express
    24/7 Moneybox
    Trusted Quid
    Uncle Buck

These companies heaped more misery on me by offering cash to me when I couldn't afford it or control a problem I had. I am not innocent in this either, I should have sought help sooner but I'm loathe to believe that a responsible lender would have kept giving me money..... The last high street loan I was approved for was 2008.... I wonder why??????

I have also found the debtcamel website a great help.

Good luck to all pursuing these companies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure