Student loans and pensions

Options

Comments

• James3891
    Options
    Just wondered if a case goes to the FOS does the company have to provide them all information or is the onus on me to provide it all?.
    As i put in an earlier thread I'm about 5 weeks in waiting for Money Shop to respond but they only gave me the last 12 months of loan statements up to me defaulting as they said legally they don't have to provide them for settled loans (about 6 years worth).
    I have stated those years contain 10's of rollovers and are part of my claim.Will they have to surrender those statements to the FOS?
  • Danzz21
    Options
    So ive had my first victory today.

Contacted Ferratum on the 6th September I had 5 loans with them in total and owed them £368.70 for the last loan I had.

There final response was that they didnt feel they had acted irresponsibly however as a good will gesture they will clear the amount outstanding with the interest I paid and refund me £35.70 meaning all 5 loans were interest free.

Im happy with that! Another negative mark removed off my credit file... Happy days
  • leighavfc
    Options
    The same happened with me. In the end, I gave up waiting for an email and called them, telling them that I had emailed them and still hadn't had a reply. They sent the SOA to me within the hour :)

This is what i will be doing tomorrow then :grin:. Then get a complaint into them minutes later!!
    DEBT FREE AS OF 28/6/17 :j:beer:
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    Bit of an odd one. My Noddle credit report was updated today so had a quick look at it to check that everything is in order.

Scrolled through my closed accounts and there appears to be another QuickQuid loan showing (from 2011) that wasn't on there last month and hasn't shown on my Experian credit report before?

When I requested my SOA from PRA Group (QuickQuid) they said I only had one loan with them and the SOA shows this too. I've sent it over to the FOS. So why has this new one appeared and why now? :mad:

The original one is showing as PRA Group Ltd but the new one is showing as QuickQuid on my credit report. It's not the same amount or date as the previous one, so it can't be related.

Any ideas or advice greatly received :o
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Anybody had any success with poundsttilpayday which I understand are based abroad.
    I am being chased my a firm called MMF for payment of loans for them
    The amount is about 220 pounds,

Any help or advice would be great
  • Adamsssss
    Options
    Anybody had any success with poundsttilpayday which I understand are based abroad.
    I am being chased my a firm called MMF for payment of loans for them
    The amount is about 220 pounds,

Any help or advice would be great

Hi Dazza,

They are a debt collection agency called Motormile Finance. I had the same thing with my Swift Sterling loan who are part of the Northway Group based in Malta I think, same as Pounds til Payday.

I don't know if you are planning a claim against them but from what I have read it is quite difficult as they are not regulated in the UK.
  • flowerpotter_2
    Options
    I finally got my statement of account from Wonga after a good few weeks wait. Formal complaint now sent regarding the 21:eek: loans I had with them over two years. Will be interesting to see what their response is.
    Self managed DMP. :j
    Start debt: £10,342 - 2012.
    Remaining debt: £2500 - August 16
    3 Creditors.
  • James3891
    Options
    Hi, just a quick re-bump about whether the FOS will get to see statements of loans that Money Shop refuse to send to me personally as they say they are settled so don't need to legally.I assume they get given anything they ask for.
  • Delete33
    Options
    yes the FOS will get this information for you.:cool:
  • DanDaniel
    Options
    QuickQuid Update -

Complained to them in May 2016

They Dismissed complaint but offered good will gesture of £200.

Sent Complaint to FOS beginning of August.

Offer of £2700 made to FOS from quickquid before they had investigated.

Declined offer. 2 weeks later Adjudicator upheld my complaint and ordered a full refund and 8% stat interest.

Now waiting for QuickQuid to accept or reject Adjudicators decision.

Claim worth in excess of £6500.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure