Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Tesco Delivery Price Increase - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Tesco Delivery Price Increase

91 replies 11.6K views

Replies

• KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We would definitely shop with them more or get a delivery pass if the minimum basket was lower. 
  • JaneDoeJohnDoeJaneDoeJohnDoe Forumite
    276 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Tesco Extra literally down the road. Used to Click n collect in the free or 50p slots when available. Typical basket around £35 (every 10 days or so) so not enough to justify paying a delivery charge nor the new all day click n collect charge. 
    Through a bit of stocking up planning got over the £40 barrier & found Asda offering a £1 delivery charge 8 til 10pm. Nearest Asda many miles away so must be on fringe of delivery area. However deliver they do. So Tesco miss out. 
    For the record Asda turned up 1005pm but there was a motorway incident nearby which shunted much traffic into A roads. Otherwise all good. :)
  • olgadapolgaolgadapolga Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    KxMx said:
    Clowance said:
     Stangi said:
    I used a flexi saver slot as a priority customer, namely 10am - 6pm 
    thats odd, I was a normal non priority customer and my flexi slots are 4 hours at a cost of £3. I would switch but shopping for an elderly relative who is used to Tesco brand stuff and doesn't like change.

It has been covered in the thread but worth repeating, the £3, 4 hour flexi slots are not available to priority customers. 
    Their priority slot is now £4.50, as are the one hour slots for non-priority customers. 
    It appears that they are now. I have a choice of three types of slot: the single hour slot, the "priority" 8-hour slots and the 4-hour flexi-slots. 

The only problem is, the priority slots are still £4.50 with an 8-hour window, whereas the flexi-slots are £3, with a 4-hour window. Availability is exactly the same.

Maybe Tesco need to rethink this one a bit.
  • badger09badger09 Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    KxMx said:
    Clowance said:
     Stangi said:
    thats odd, I was a normal non priority customer and my flexi slots are 4 hours at a cost of £3. I would switch but shopping for an elderly relative who is used to Tesco brand stuff and doesn't like change.

It has been covered in the thread but worth repeating, the £3, 4 hour flexi slots are not available to priority customers. 
    Their priority slot is now £4.50, as are the one hour slots for non-priority customers. 
    It appears that they are now. I have a choice of three types of slot: the single hour slot, the "priority" 8-hour slots and the 4-hour flexi-slots. 

The only problem is, the priority slots are still £4.50 with an 8-hour window, whereas the flexi-slots are £3, with a 4-hour window. Availability is exactly the same.

Thanksolgadapolga said:
    KxMx said:
    Clowance said:
     Stangi said:

Thanks for this. I'd seen others saying it was available in their area, but definitely wasn't available to me. Just booked my Flexi slot for 11 September following today's delivery.
  • edited 2 September at 5:07AM
    sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 September at 5:07AM
    Bacman said:
    Why use Tesco anyway, there are other alternatives and Tesco are hardly the cheaper option.
    I agree, although the only supermarket online that is cheaper than Tesco is Asda and I prefer their own brand things now to be honest so I will be getting Asda more now than Tesco.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • BacmanBacman Forumite
    293 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    If your finances aren't stretched and on a tight budget, i'd suggest Waitrose. I never used to use them but have for the last months; the quality and taste of their food is better (fruit and veg), prices fairly similar but the difference is worth it for the quality. I use Asda for cleaning and hygiene products but not much else now; quality of Tesco and Sainsburys isn't always great; the extra cost of M&S food is not worth it IMO however Waitrose is.
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bacman said:
    If your finances aren't stretched and on a tight budget, i'd suggest Waitrose. I never used to use them but have for the last months; the quality and taste of their food is better (fruit and veg), prices fairly similar but the difference is worth it for the quality. I use Asda for cleaning and hygiene products but not much else now; quality of Tesco and Sainsburys isn't always great; the extra cost of M&S food is not worth it IMO however Waitrose is.
    Waitrose are reducing min order from £60 to £40, possibly to bring into line with other on line delivery now the Ocado connection has gone?
    Don't know when this starts but worth bearing in mind as an alternative

• BacmanBacman Forumite
    293 posts
    ✭✭
    That makes Waitrose an even better bet!  I know I bang on about how good Waitrose are, I have no interests in them, no shares, financial incentives or work for them; just honest customer feedback.
  • NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bacman said:
    That makes Waitrose an even better bet!  I know I bang on about how good Waitrose are, I have no interests in them, no shares, financial incentives or work for them; just honest customer feedback.
    I am with you. No shares or anything else, either

I have had Waitrose deliveries since well before - and during - the Coronavirus crisis. You get an hourly slot - only twice have they been late (a couple of times they were early by a minute or so). On each occasion they rang me to explain what was going on. Their drivers are friendly and helpful. The best before and use before dates are good. If they do happen to be very short you get the choice of refusing the item or getting it for no charge. Compared to what I have read andheard about other supermarkets their substitutions are sensible.

I get priority access to slots so have never had an issue with getting the time I want
  • BacmanBacman Forumite
    293 posts
    ✭✭
    We get priority slots as my wife is a diabetic. Used them since April when they put us on their list. Same as you, they have only been a little late once, usually arrive well inside the hour slot. On two occasions, had an item free as on-date, quality of item was perfect. Drivers helpful and friendly. Not asked for any substitutions, usually get all the items asked for. Never used to use Waitrose, now a loyal customer.