Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Tesco Delivery Price Increase - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Tesco Delivery Price Increase

91 replies 11.6K views

Replies

• needacameraneedacamera Forumite
    12 posts
    Second Anniversary
    With the write up on the MSE email about Tesco delivery costs, I thought I'd mention this as I didn't see this in the email.
    You have to select a 4 hour window instead of 1 hour, and you will be given a 1 hour slot on the day of the delivery. You can choose this by selecting flexi saver slot in the choose a slot type section
  • VegastareVegastare Forumite
    504 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Ever since the start of lockdown - I have never been able to get either Sainsbury or Waitrose home slot during thurs/or fri.  I can get both click and collect.  For me as a Sainsbury shopper for over 30 years and having underlying health problems myself and shopping for an elderly family member - I felt let down by there stance on delivery - but naturally accepted it as for the most needy with worse conditions.  But it totally stopped my shopping online with them and the little orange and white van has never been to my door since Feb 2020.  They have many older customers who used there delivery for a big shop and then popped in for a lighter shop.  My neighbour who is 78 and lives on his own was not on the list and his daughter could not get him added - in the end it was Morrisons who came to the rescue( along with locals fetching thing in between).  
    I really think that Tesco will need to do a rethink along the way....I  have noticed the great amount of slots now free.
    Must admit having read this thread I am wondering what Ocado are like.....in my area would it be all Morrisons products I wonder.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    As discussed in the other thread, these £3 flexi slots are unavailable to Priority Register customers.
  • pumpkin89pumpkin89 Forumite
    281 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    A_Lert said:
    I'm not happy that the products available to me have essentially been made a postcode lottery, and I'm outright angry that delivery prices are being done on the same basis.
    It is annoying, but that has always been the case.  Different stores stock different ranges - if your shopping is delivered from a Tesco Extra you will have much more choice than if it comes from a smaller Tesco superstore.  This is especially true for World Foods ranges, some of which are brilliant but are only available in a few areas.
  • paulturnerpaulturner Forumite
    17 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Just like to thank the people that gave me the heads up on the delivery saver, just signed up for 6 months using £15.50 worth of club card points plus £1.44 cash  B)
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • StangiStangi Forumite
    8 posts
    Fourth Anniversary First Post
    I used a flexi saver slot as a priority customer, namely 10am - 6pm which was texted to me as 4-5pm on the day. I still got charged £4.50 though. I wonder if it was an error... No car, miles from large supermarkets, unable to carry or drag shopping anyway. If got to spend over forty pounds on food to get a delivery, that's only needed every fortnight. When I was younger and fitter I used Lidl via buses then got cab home which was about a fiver. So still not bad value. I was still a bit annoyed at the steep rise though.
  • ClowanceClowance Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
     Stangi said:
    I used a flexi saver slot as a priority customer, namely 10am - 6pm 
    thats odd, I was a normal non priority customer and my flexi slots are 4 hours at a cost of £3. I would switch but shopping for an elderly relative who is used to Tesco brand stuff and doesn't like change.

:j Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!:j
  • BacmanBacman Forumite
    293 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Why use Tesco anyway, there are other alternatives and Tesco are hardly the cheaper option.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clowance said:
     Stangi said:
    I used a flexi saver slot as a priority customer, namely 10am - 6pm 
    thats odd, I was a normal non priority customer and my flexi slots are 4 hours at a cost of £3. I would switch but shopping for an elderly relative who is used to Tesco brand stuff and doesn't like change.

It has been covered in the thread but worth repeating, the £3, 4 hour flexi slots are not available to priority customers. 
    Their priority slot is now £4.50, as are the one hour slots for non-priority customers. 
  • MissLFCMissLFC Forumite
    8 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I wouldn't mind this increase in delivery charge if they dropped the £4 charge for baskets under £40. I am going to start shopping elsewhere. They keep delivering food that is out of date but not flagged up on the receipt. When it is highlighted the driver never sticks around to give me the option to return it! The service isn't worth the increase.