Tesco Delivery Price Increase

90 replies 11.4K views

Replies

• jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Farway said:
    I wonder just how long Tesco and the rest will hold out once this starts nationally?

Amazon takes on supermarkets with free food delivery

The Amazon delivery isn't really free though, it is only for those with Prime which is £79 a year. Tesco also offer a delivery pass as well. The difference is that people already have Prime to get on-demand video and prepaid delivery on other items.
  • ScousePaulScousePaul Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Have you seen the typical prices of foods on Amazon though? They are ok sometimes on things like toilet rolls etc, but lots of simple foods on Amazon, which are available in supermarkets eg. Tomato Sauce etc. can be way more on Amazon.
  • molleymolley Forumite
    521 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Honestly the flat pricing just seems like a ploy to try to get more people to sign up to their delivery saver scheme. Which would be all well  and good if not for the 6 month contract length. If you've already paid for slots up front then what are the chances that people will shop around elsewhere? That's before even mentioning what has been a dramatically reduced selection of some ranges online vs. in store.

Feels super underhanded.

If you use several s/mkts a Delivery Pass wont be attractive to you
  • DylanrexDylanrex Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just looked at the Tesco website and found I can get delivery slots for tomorrow!!  Totally unheard of to get a slot on a Sunday only 24 hours beforehand when the old price structure was in place.  Just look at their website - free slots all over the place.  I think customers have already started to "vote with their feet" - I know I have.  It's Asda for me from now on.  I don't want to tie myself into a delivery saver plan, especially after the fiasco of trying to get a slot during lockdown. I am signed up to about 4 different supermarkets which was a godsend during the lockdown.  I haven't been into a supermarket for over 3 years due to health problems, so home delivery is a must for me.
  • saverbynaturesaverbynature Forumite
    42 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    For several years I used to have a Tesco delivery almost weekly but I hardly ever shop online with them now. This has been mainly due to the number of products that I always used to order online being delisted from the product range of what Tesco used to refer to as the Croydon.com store that processes online orders for my area of South London (I assume this is what they now refer to as a customer fulfilment centre). These items are still available for customers whose orders are processed through an actual store and I can even buy them at my nearest Tesco which isn't even a large store. In addition they also raised the minimum order to £40 when it used to be £25 which for someone living on their own is quite a lot to spend every week and even before we'd even heard of coronavirus on the occasions I've tried to book a delivery there has often not been any slots available for 3-4 days. So if they think I'm now going to £5.50 for a delivery when I can't get many of the things I want then they've got another think coming!
  • JaneDoeJohnDoeJaneDoeJohnDoe Forumite
    272 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Another vote with the feet or rather mouse here... Would have done a Tesco online for maybe £2 taking the "unfavoured slots". Instead have just got a 3pm Weds afternoon slot with Sainsbury's delivery for 50p. Bargain! :D And the items in my trolley are to me near enough same prices everywhere.
  • GaleSF63GaleSF63 Forumite
    566 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Another vote with the feet or rather mouse here... Would have done a Tesco online for maybe £2 taking the "unfavoured slots". Instead have just got a 3pm Weds afternoon slot with Sainsbury's delivery for 50p. Bargain! :D And the items in my trolley are to me near enough same prices everywhere.
    What is everyone doing at 3pm on Wednesdays? I'd like to know what I'm missing -  It was Tesco's cheapest daytime slot as well!
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    GaleSF63 said:
    What is everyone doing at 3pm on Wednesdays? I'd like to know what I'm missing -  It was Tesco's cheapest daytime slot as well!
    Dunno, it's Asda's cheapo slot too

• MaxBergerMaxBerger Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    Our deliveries are now coming from a new "customer fulfillment centre". It doesn't fulfill this customers needs. Hundreds of products [AND I DO NOT EXAGGERATE!] are no longer available to me from 27 July. And I am now charged £4.50 or will it go up to £5.50. Clearly these CFCs are purely for Tesco's advantage and are a downward step for customers stuck with them. I will now alternate with Morrisons. Just a load of waffle from Chief Execs. Office.
  • A_LertA_Lert Forumite
    255 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    So is THAT why that message about not available from 27th July appeared? I assumed that was a website bug.
    I'm not happy that the products available to me have essentially been made a postcode lottery, and I'm outright angry that delivery prices are being done on the same basis.