Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

NEW ADDRESS HAS JUST INTRODUCED PARKING MANAGEMENT

New Post Advanced Search

NEW ADDRESS HAS JUST INTRODUCED PARKING MANAGEMENT

85 replies 1.5K views
Hi folks,

1st of all, some good news: I took VCS to court last summer and won! They ended up paying me £100+ in damages etc and sent a rent a defence to argue on their behalf.

Anyway, I have today received a letter from Parking Control Management Ltd at my new address stating that they have been instructed to carry out parking management at the block of flats in currently living in. My questions are:

1. We, as tenants, have not been consulted about this, is this  allowed? Or is the consultation process not required by law? We were only sent a letter stating that they had already contracted the services of PCM due to a few complaints by residents.
2. They are not in operation until July 27th, is there anything I can do to opt out or any way to refuse to enter into a contract with PCM prior to the start of their operation?

Thanks for any advice. I hate these companies.

Replies

• edited 7 July at 11:07PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    29.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 July at 11:07PM
    read this thread , especially the remarks from today

check what your lease and head lease say

Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 8 July at 2:07AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 July at 2:07AM
    Read this one, exactly the same. 

The residents got PCM removed and the signs were covered before they started!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5997200/pcm-company-introduced/p1

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 8 July at 10:49AM
    D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 July at 10:49AM
    AFAIAA, MAs have to jump through several hoops before they can introduce a cuckoo in to the nest, read this

also this

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/forum/residential-letting-questions/1053920-private-parking-companiesb

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/11/residential-parking.htmlantsot

What does your lease/AST say about parking? Does it mention the need to display a permit? then it may take primacy over the self serving TnC of the scammer, and interfere with your lawful right to “quiet enjoyment” of your property, possible an offence under The Landlord and Tenants Acts.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • tom_cahilltom_cahill Forumite
    55 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies. Before further discussion I thought it useful to point out that I am only a tenant and my AST agreement makes no mention of parking whatsoever.
  • edited 8 July at 4:29PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 July at 4:29PM
    No mention of parking means no mention of permits, PCNs, or court claims. Your AST has primacy of contract over anything an unregulated third party has to say. 
    No mention of the above means they do not have the ability to take away your existing rights. 
    Usually there will be something about your right to quiet enjoyment. Anything that takes that away cannot be considered a reasonable change of rules.
    It's called derogation of grant because it would be derogatory to your existing rights not to be hassled and charged for the privilege.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • tom_cahilltom_cahill Forumite
    55 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    So would the AST agreement have primacy over the agreement between PCM and the management company even if they had balloted the landlords and they had voted in favour of bringing in PCM?