IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CST letters' forum group thread

Options
siwoos
siwoos Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post
edited 27 July 2020 at 9:22AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Dear All
Just received letter today from CST about my parking fine 
Don't know where to start to be honest as there's plenty issues with this letter 
First of all the car that was mentioned in letter was Lease/scheme car from my work by the reg I can assume it was in 2015/16 
I don't recall getting any letter from original company about this fine but I might be wrong as it was 5 years ago 
Letter was send on 24th on June but just got it today (7th July ) so 30 day respond time went to 17 days ....
With letter should be" response pack" included but only one page was send 
I've tried to find this reg online to give me a clue what car it was but I'm unable to find car with this reg online 
Should I respond to this letter or just ignore it
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks 

Comments

• siwoos
    First Post
    Options
    Not sure if this picture was attached 
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CSTs current form appears to be:
    Issue LBCs for multiple tickets then issue a claim 
    Issue LBCs for single tickets but then no claim.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Right, let's make this one the 'CST letters' forum group thread because it has such a clear picture of the letter. Can other people with the same letters please post their experiences and can we point all new posters here to keep all these on one thread, given that this is NOT a real LBC and needs no response.

Here is beamerguy's 'SCAM ALERT' thread all about it:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6165741/cstlaw-scam-alert

However, this IS the time to email the PPC (not DRP) and ask for a SAR, as per the NEWBIES THREAD advice that we are NOT going to repeat or link here! 

Other newbies please share your CST Law letters here but ONLY after reading the NEWBIES thread, of course.

You can hop back to the pinned advice threads on page one of the forum, with 2 clicks on the breadcrumb trail link at the top of every page of this forum, any time/from any page. 

See my signature for where to click (and no, my signature is NOT a link).

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Redact your VRM from your second post!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For a registered keeper who lives in Scotland, and only keepers who live in Scotland, please note the following: -

The important thing is that at the moment a keeper who lives in Scotland cannot be held liable, but a driver can. If you did get a court claim it would have to be from a Scottish court (Simple Procedure-Act of Sederunt). If it came from an English court then you would point out that as you live in Scotland and Scottish laws apply, you will be out of the court's jurisdiction.

You can safely ignore debt collectors anywhere in the UK.

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • siwoos
    First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    Redact your VRM from your second post!
    Sorry but can't find edit post option 
    Maybe because I'm using mobile at the moment
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Using a mobile is one reason but also newly registered posters cannot use the edit function until they have a few posts under their belt.  You could send a PM to one of the board guides (Crabman, Savvy or Soolin) and ask them what to do.  Make sure you tell them you do NOT want the thread deleting.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

It is not a fine, it is an invoice from an ex-clamper to compensate them for the alleged harm they suffered when you did what you did. We call it a scam. Pay them not a penny unless a judge so orders it.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP., it can cause the scammer extra costs, and in some cases, cancellation. 

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up later this year,

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these companies, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/of these Private Parking Companies.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • yelloworange
    Options
    Hi guys, we recieved a similar letter today and I just noticed it's dated 18th June giving us just 11 days to respond.
    As advised on the NEWBIE thread we will be making a Subject Access Request (SAR). And I am really sorry but I'm still not sure what we do after that? Do we just wait and see what happens? We will keep you informed of anything we receive x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback