Raspberry Pi - keyboard problem

Comments

• debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 June 2020 at 9:02PM
    look here (right click)

🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 June 2020 at 9:40AM
    You can change sound output through raspi-config.
    Done that - set to 0 (HDMI 1) - no effect on Audio output !
    I am assuming that it is the TV - But what/how ?
    The TV is a LOGIK L24DVDB21
    I have checked on line for a manual and found https://www.manualslib.com/manual/886577/Logik-L24dvdb19.html?page=13#manual as the nearest (19" rather than 21") - it simply says "select the source as HDMI"  done that (otherwise no graphic input) 
    The TV is not muted 
    I am using the HDMI cable supplied with the Pi as well !
    and finally - there is audio output from the TV when running a video from USB !
  • 50Twuncle
    look here (right click)

It is set (correctly) to HDMI
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Have you tried connecting something else via the HDMI connection (e.g. a laptop or DVD player)? Do they show a display on the TV and also give the audio output? (Process of elimination ... of course you'll know that with all your years of IT experience). :)
  • 50Twuncle
    DoaM said:
    Have you tried connecting something else via the HDMI connection (e.g. a laptop or DVD player)? Do they show a display on the TV and also give the audio output? (Process of elimination ... of course you'll know that with all your years of IT experience). :)
    Yes I already said that I have tried a USB stick directly in the TV with an MP4 on it and it works fine!! 
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    50Twuncle said:
    DoaM said:
    Yes I already said that I have tried a USB stick directly in the TV with an MP4 on it and it works fine!! 

And what pray tell does that have to do with a HDMI device?  All that proves is the TV speakers are working.

Check your TV settings for Regular HDMI or Enhanced HDMI and toggle between them just in case.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    50Twuncle said:
    DoaM said:
    USB <> HDMI 🙄
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle said:
    DoaM said:

And what pray tell does that have to do with a HDMI device?  All that proves is the TV speakers are working.

Check your TV settings for Regular HDMI or Enhanced HDMI and toggle between them just in case.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with HDMI - But it proves that the speakers and audio amp in the TV are working!!
    The TV only has "HDMI" listed - no options ! 
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    50Twuncle said:
    50Twuncle said:
    DoaM said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with HDMI - But it proves that the speakers and audio amp in the TV are working!!
    The TV only has "HDMI" listed - no options ! 
    In which case the only solution you have yet to try is stick the Pi on another TV and if sound plays on the Pi on the other TV, the issue is with the first TV.
    I presume you have tried that?  I notice you conveniently ignored the "try another HDMI device in the same port" suggestion from DoaM...
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    What are you playing and with what e.g. VLC , if so check the audio tab ---> output device
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback