IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Waters & Gate Threatening Debt Collection - Province of Pisa Italy

Comments

• Lukas
    I have had EXACTLY same experience, in May last year, and only now being chased for £450. In my case, I never even received notification of the offence because they got the address wrong, and I have physical evidence that the letter was returned to sender. I have taken similar action: letters to the Prefecture in Italy (in Italian language as well) and letters to Waters & Gate. So far, no response, but next step is to report them to FCA. The concern I have is that a "bad debt" is now on my otherwise unblemished record, and on the wrong side of 70 years old, I want it off my record. And I don't want to wait until someone in a black uniform knocks on my door to remove my TV, or whatever.  FCA next........
  • There is no record. 
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    People don't realise these have no effect on credit files
  • Has anyone actually got to an outcome with W&G / Pisa?
    Even if just ignoring it, has this resulted in them just stopping chasing you? 
    @Lukas018 what was the outcome of your responses etc? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,100
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes it just goes away and there are no reported other outcomes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I've had two of these. I've been going to Italy for 40 years and lived there for 5 and so have sadly had a few Italian speeding tickets. Whenever they were related to car hire the Italian authorities contact the car hire companies who then pay the fine whether you are guilty or not. They will send you a nice letter along with a credit card debit for the fine amount. What's interesting about these clowns is complete lack of detail and in my case they got the car registration wrong. They can not transfer a speeding ticket to another jurisdiction (more so since we are no longer in the EU), This is a total scam. I'm even wondering if there isn't someone in the car hire company isn't supply names and addresses. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,100
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    That is useful, StaffsSW.  Was that a first for you, a Mags court one?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    As it happens, an EU issued penalty can only be enforced if it is also an offence in the UK.... 
    So my Ltd company could not possibly have been driving,

Well done Staffs, this seems to be another EU misunderstanding of the UK

Many years ago, probably 30 years one of my staff with a company car registered as a limited company got a speeding fine. The police took the registered owner/keeper to court
    I attended and explained to the 3 magistrates ( not sure why they come in 3's) that the company as such had no drivers licence because as an entity, not a person, the law would not give an entity the facility.  One judge smiled, the others nodded and case dismissed

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    In this context with a foreign fine or penalty yes, but I've been for other vehicle related issues in the past usually as a witness.

It was in a proper court too, with jury seats and public gallery, not like the board room type that I've done civil cases in before.

Still nothing from EPC though...
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport