Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2020 - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2020

152 replies 5.1K views

Replies

• dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    uu

Revlon Colourstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat 7ml - this was a good top coat, most of which was used by DD.

Hawaiian Tropic Aftersun Body Butter Lime Coolada 200ml - I stupidly bought 8 tubs of this without smelling it thinking it would be lovely like the coconut one, it isn't.  First off it isn't a butter like the coconut one it is just a cream, secondly the smell is not lime it smells like ozone to me, lastly the double walled pots are so wasteful and mean I can't recycle them easily.  I have one pot left now and was going to wait before I opened it but have decided to just get straight on with it seeing as I'm using a shower gel that doesn't have a matching lotion.  WNBA

I've also used up two Body Shop scented oils in my oil burner and a Wax Lyrical Orange Blossom candle which burnt well but had no scent at all.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    UU Cornwall Soapbox body wash. I thought this had gone off as the smell was awful. Used it to wash my makeup brushes.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajjasajj Forumite
    5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 INs from a test panel for product testing, 2 x Scalp Tonic
    £2020 in 2020 / £1678.62

ally.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • sunny_moneysunny_money Forumite
    321 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    In May I mentioned QVC sent me expired Pixi make up, the replacement they sent was also expired (June 2020). They told me to dispose of the make up and I got to keep the brushes it came with! The make up seems fine so I will use it for the summer and then dispose of. 

Got Silly George Liner Bond, I’m pale so like a fine liquid eyeliner and am struggling to achieve this.. might have to find a clear eyeliner. Kinda wish I’d gone for a lash perm kit instead, but worried about safety / lash damage though, has anyone tried them? 
  • lantannalantanna Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    One out used up Imperial Leather shower gel 250ml Let’s Flamingle, loved this would rebuy
    2021 low buy year in order to buy a house
    12k savings 2020 £7346.53 /£8200# 93
    Mortgage deposit £5415.82/ £20,000 target
    Target date to buy: June 2022
    Fees etc £333.83/£5000 target
    Debt : £1014.48 Credit Card
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a thought about the testers, if the likes of Boots don't let you test are they going to accept returns?  Seems like they have to really.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66