No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2020

152 replies 5.2K views

Replies

• dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    uu

Revlon Colourstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat 7ml - this was a good top coat, most of which was used by DD.

Hawaiian Tropic Aftersun Body Butter Lime Coolada 200ml - I stupidly bought 8 tubs of this without smelling it thinking it would be lovely like the coconut one, it isn't.  First off it isn't a butter like the coconut one it is just a cream, secondly the smell is not lime it smells like ozone to me, lastly the double walled pots are so wasteful and mean I can't recycle them easily.  I have one pot left now and was going to wait before I opened it but have decided to just get straight on with it seeing as I'm using a shower gel that doesn't have a matching lotion.  WNBA

I've also used up two Body Shop scented oils in my oil burner and a Wax Lyrical Orange Blossom candle which burnt well but had no scent at all.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    UU Cornwall Soapbox body wash. I thought this had gone off as the smell was awful. Used it to wash my makeup brushes.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajjasajj Forumite
    5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 INs from a test panel for product testing, 2 x Scalp Tonic
    ally.
  • sunny_moneysunny_money Forumite
    327 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    In May I mentioned QVC sent me expired Pixi make up, the replacement they sent was also expired (June 2020). They told me to dispose of the make up and I got to keep the brushes it came with! The make up seems fine so I will use it for the summer and then dispose of. 

Got Silly George Liner Bond, I’m pale so like a fine liquid eyeliner and am struggling to achieve this.. might have to find a clear eyeliner. Kinda wish I’d gone for a lash perm kit instead, but worried about safety / lash damage though, has anyone tried them? 
  • lantannalantanna Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    One out used up Imperial Leather shower gel 250ml Let’s Flamingle, loved this would rebuy
    2021 low buy year in order to buy a house
    12k savings 2021 £ 2763.94 /£15000 # 25
    Mortgage deposit £7769 / £20,000 target
    Target date to buy: June 2022
    Countdown: 15months 815
    Fees etc £768.84 / £5000 target
    Debt : £937.35 Credit Card
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a thought about the testers, if the likes of Boots don't let you test are they going to accept returns?  Seems like they have to really.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66