No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2020

Options

Comments

• sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used the Bobbi Brown online try on, I was impressed by the tech but as for colour testing I don't think it was great, looked quite different compared to a YouTube swatch video.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Options
    Update re: Finish 7 by Summer Challenge:-
    Rollin in Dough eyeshadow - DONE.  
    NARS Gilda Blush  - pan in this product.
    NARS Outlaw Blush - Still no pan.
    Marc Jacobs Infamous mini lipstick DONE
    Anastasia Beverley Hills lipgloss in Weekend Barbie DONE
    Bare Minerals loose Blush called Hint DONE
    Smashbox matte eyeshadow from Full Exposure palette - expanding pan.  Won't be finished this month but maybe next.
    Laura Geller Gilded Honey highlighter deluxe sample size - do have pan in this but still think it will last until Summer (same update)
    Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light - again I already have pan (same update).

It's looking like this is how this challenge is going to end.  Hitting pan is a very small milestone, it seems.  
    Rollin in Dough is done.  I really liked this colour.  Like this palette in general.  Find the cocoa smell very comforting however I have taken it out of rotation for a while now.  
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

UU Green People Fruitful Nights Night Cream 

This came in a set, it was quite heavy and I would probably not repurchase.

Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Options
    dolly84 said:
    Just had a thought about the testers, if the likes of Boots don't let you test are they going to accept returns?  Seems like they have to really.
    This would be good.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    asajj - I will have to have a look for those interdental brushes for DD, thanks for telling us about them.  I keep considering the period pants for DD, they are really expensive and she would need to have a few spares so that is putting me off a bit plus I feel a bit icky about them.

VALM - I agree there will most likely be a surge of shopping but it is the distancing that will be the problem, are people going to want to queue everywhere they go then feel rushed.  I haven't set foot in Tesco since all this kicked off and I always shopped there, I've been going to Asda and it has been much more relaxed, the staff seem to have found the right balance between following the guidelines and still being aware that you are spending your money in there.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 9 June 2020 at 10:00PM
    Options
    dolly84 said:
    asajj - I will have to have a look for those interdental brushes for DD, thanks for telling us about them.  I keep considering the period pants for DD, they are really expensive and she would need to have a few spares so that is putting me off a bit plus I feel a bit icky about them.

Humble Brush is a great company (The Humble Co.) with a number of eco-friendly products at reasonable prices and charitable initiatives. These brushes were cheaper than some alternatives and on par with other brands which is great because I often find eco-alternatives considerably more expensive.
    I have looked into period pants and feel the same. It would probably need to be washed separately which wouldn't be a very eco-friendly eventually. For now, I will settle for bamboo pads.
    ally.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure