New Post Advanced Search

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2020

152 replies 5.2K views

Replies

• ponypalponypal Forumite
    394 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    UU travel size mitchum deodorant - I have not used this sort of deodorant in a while, so it was a bit of a shock how pungeant it was. WDNB
    Debt Free since December 2017
    #11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £6,000.00/£6,000.00
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ponypal said:
    asajj said:
    dolly84 said:
    asajj - I will have to have a look for those interdental brushes for DD, thanks for telling us about them.  I keep considering the period pants for DD, they are really expensive and she would need to have a few spares so that is putting me off a bit plus I feel a bit icky about them.

Humble Brush is a great company (The Humble Co.) with a number of eco-friendly products at reasonable prices and charitable initiatives. These brushes were cheaper than some alternatives and on par with other brands which is great because I often find eco-alternatives considerably more expensive.
    I have looked into period pants and feel the same. It would probably need to be washed separately which wouldn't be a very eco-friendly eventually. For now, I will settle for bamboo pads.
    I use washable fabric pads and they are great. I do prefer the non-recyclable ones (you know, Always etc) but really try to reduce using them. The fabric ones are better handwashed in cold water but obviously that is not something everyone wants to do. For what it's worth you do get used to doing it and in the long run they save money.

Do you find the washable ones reliable?

uu

A sort of uu.  I have almost finished a full size jar of Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Birthday Suit, there is still a little bit left but I have passed it on to DD to try because I have another full sized jar and a mini one in the stash (mini is almost the same quantity of product), if she likes it I will let her have them.  These cream shadows are excellent products, they don't dry out in the jar as long as you give the lid a good tighten but I am finding the Birthday Suit colour is not that flattering on me anymore, it used to be my favourite one but the rsvp colour is better for me now.

I have also passed on to DD a Barry M eyebrow pencil, it is double ended with a quadrant shaped twist up pencil on one end and a brow gel on the other, it is a good product and a good colour but I am finding the thickness of the pencil too much for my brows, if DD doesn't like it I will try to finish it up anyway.  I also gave her another creaseless cream eyeshadow in No Pressure, mini pot again in a gorgeous taupe colour.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • ponypalponypal Forumite
    394 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    dolly84 said:
    they vary wildly. the very best ones I have tried are from a UK based etsy shop called firdal and frost.
    Debt Free since December 2017
    #11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £6,000.00/£6,000.00
  • asajjasajj Forumite
    5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    ponypal said:
    dolly84 said:
    they vary wildly. the very best ones I have tried are from a UK based etsy shop called firdal and frost.
    I got some panty liners from Etsy recently, waiting for them to arrive. I think I won't be able to cut down on using likes of Always initially as my first day is heavy but every bit counts.
    ally.
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ponypal said:
    dolly84 said:
    Thanks, I will have a look at them.
    asajj said:
    ponypal said:
    dolly84 said:
    I got some panty liners from Etsy recently, waiting for them to arrive. I think I won't be able to cut down on using likes of Always initially as my first day is heavy but every bit counts.

I agree, there is no point trying to be perfect, failing and giving up, we just need to try and do our best.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • pinkfluffybabepinkfluffybabe Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    First UU of June: 

Eve Lom cleansing balm. WNBA. Good cleanser but not a fan of the scent 
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2021 15/91 UU, 4 IN