NST JUST JUNE

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for fresh air, for a walk in the woods, for a green and growing garden, for tech, for our washing machine.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    June Challenge Day 29
    Sleep Most of us have problems with sleep sometimes and for some it's a regular feature, so here are a few ideas
    11 Ways to improve sleep quality
    1)   Set a regular schedule
    2)   Use your bed sparingly (only for sleep, not for nesting like I do)
    3)   Consume magnesium
    4)   Make it dark
    5)   Keep it cool
    6)   Dress minimally
    7)   Turn off electronics
    8)   Meditate
    9)   Read before bedtime
    10)  Exercise regularly
    11)  Diuretic control

How to turn your bedroom into a sleep cave
    1)   Clock out. Light can inhibit the secretion of melatonin, the body's natural sleep drug. Draw the curtains and turn led alarm clocks away from you, as you may be able to see the light, even through closed eyelids.
    2)   Turn on a fan (?). Research highlights the benefit of 'pink noise', blended sounds with a consistent frequency. You can create this noise at home using fans, apps or gadgets that produce steady, uninterrupted sounds, like falling rain or blowing wind.
    3)    Get a whiff of lavender. Lavender has long been known to have sedative properties, decreasing heart rate and blood pressure.
    4)    Claim your own blanket. Using one blanket (or sheet) for two people can amplify movement and body heat, which is not conducive to good sleep. Try separate sheets.
    5)    Make your bed. People who make their bed every day are 19% more likely to get a good night's sleep.
    6)   Find a temperature which makes you want to hibernate. Cold makes us drowsy and a falling core body temperature helps us drift off faster.

Quotes
    Me: Let me sleep
    Brain: lol no, let's stay awake and remember every stupid decision you ever made
    Me: okay
    Well since I can't sleep, I may as well browse the internet for quotes about not being able to sleep
    Mothers don't sleep, they just worry with their eyes closed
    I am not an early bird or a night owl. I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon

My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure