Received 15 parking tickets, now pursued by BW Legal

Replies

• nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, because youve read other threads, that 2, 3 are meant to be concise para to establish facts so the judge has some idea what type of case this is - resident, pay and display, etc. 
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRITANNIA ?    You must carefully look at this.
    Britannia have numerous companies listed at companies house.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/RHPBpZJHOsN21zDn5VXHggkxTLo/appointments

Each one is a separate entity, meaning one cannot act for another

All paperwork and signs must carry the same name. The contract with the landowner must also carry the same entity name
  • Itachi2kgItachi2kg Forumite
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    The name of the Claimant is not just 'Britannia Parking Group' is it, and I hope you have removed their address from the heading now?
    The claim letter says "Britannia Parking Group Limited t/a Britannia Parking"so I have changed it to that, and removed the address
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Le_Kirk said:
    Signs in this car park are not prominent, clear or legible from all parking spaces, the sign closest to my parking space wasn’t even mounted and was on the floor
    Defences are written in the third person so "my" is wrong, use "the space where the defendant's car was parked"
    Thank you, I will proof read it and change it all to third person
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    beamerguy said:
    BRITANNIA ?    You must carefully look at this.
    Britannia have numerous companies listed at companies house.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/RHPBpZJHOsN21zDn5VXHggkxTLo/appointments

Each one is a separate entity, meaning one cannot act for another

All paperwork and signs must carry the same name. The contract with the landowner must also carry the same entity name
    As the claim letter says "Britannia Parking Group Limited t/a Britannia Parking" is should be this one 
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08182990
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itachi2kg said:
    The name of the Claimant is not just 'Britannia Parking Group' is it, and I hope you have removed their address from the heading now?
    The claim letter says "Britannia Parking Group Limited t/a Britannia Parking"so I have changed it to that, and removed the address
    Itachi2kg said:
    You are not understanding this ..... 
    Britannia Parking Group Limited is one entity
    t/a Britannia Parking is not Britannia Parking Group Limited

• edited 11 February at 8:58PM
    Itachi2kgItachi2kg Forumite
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 11 February at 8:58PM
    beamerguy said:
    Itachi2kg said:
    Itachi2kg said:

So a possible further breach on their part? I took pictures of the signs in the car park as you may have seen on previous pages and the top of the signs read Britannia Parking, but the claim is from Britannia Parking Group Limited t/a Britannia Parking

Your point about the landowner contract must have the correct name, I contacted Basildon council as on HM Registry it mentioned that they own the land of the car park, Basildon council wrote back to inform me that they don't own the land, so I didn't pursue that any further, maybe I should call HM Registry
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itachi2kg said:
    beamerguy said:
    Itachi2kg said:
    Itachi2kg said:

So a possible further breach on their part? I took pictures of the signs in the car park as you may have seen on previous pages and the top of the signs read Britannia Parking, but the claim is from Britannia Parking Group Limited t/a Britannia Parking

Your point about the landowner contract must have the correct name, I contacted Basildon council as on HM Registry it mentioned that they own the land of the car park, Basildon council wrote back to inform me that they don't own the land, so I didn't pursue that any further, maybe I should call HM Registry
    Go back to the council and if need be to use a FOI to get the information. Who owns the land now ?

Then you need a copy of a signed contract between the landowner and Britannia
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    beamerguy said:
    Itachi2kg said:
    beamerguy said:
    Itachi2kg said:
    Itachi2kg said:

Go back to the council and if need be to use a FOI to get the information. Who owns the land now ?

Then you need a copy of a signed contract between the landowner and Britannia
    I will call the Council and HM Registry if need be tomorrow, thank you
  • edited 11 February at 11:42PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 February at 11:42PM
    The Council don't own the land so that's pointless; stop wasting time.  Britannia don't contract with Councils.

Also, Britannia Parking Group Limited can trade as 'Britannia Parking'.  That is not the point. 

The point of all the previous cases, including one where beamerguy watched in court, was that they had signs and a landowner contract in the name of a different Limited company (Britannia Parking Services Limited).

But this is premature to worry about now, because you won't see the landowner authority or signage until months down the line when they send their witness statement and evidence.  You need to look closely at the 'Ltd' company names then.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD