✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because it doesnt seem to help in this particular case
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itachi2kg said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Another poster steered towards a wild goose chase?
    Hi, so you don't think what others have reccomended is a good idea?
    It was in relation to the advice about the Housing Act, which you seem to have followed to the point where you swiftly hit the buffers, returning for more advice, which pointed you to some landlord forum. Did you then go to that forum? 

Do you believe the HA and landlord advice was helpful in the context of your 15 tickets?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Itachi2kgItachi2kg Forumite
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Umkomaas said:
    Itachi2kg said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Another poster steered towards a wild goose chase?
    Hi, so you don't think what others have reccomended is a good idea?
    It was in relation to the advice about the Housing Act, which you seem to have followed to the point where you swiftly hit the buffers, returning for more advice, which pointed you to some landlord forum. Did you then go to that forum? 

Do you believe the HA and landlord advice was helpful in the context of your 15 tickets?
    I agree, thats why I questioned it, but I believe others are trying to help me with this situation 
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rather fear that umko is referring to me.  He seems to think that anything not connected with private parking matters is irrelevent.  IIMU that he was an accountant or auditor, and that, in such professions, original thought is not encouraged.  On the other hand, I was in HM Diplomatic Service where all intelligence was valued.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nonty+python+accountant+sketch&oq=nonty+python+accountant+sketch&aqs=chrome..69i57.33716j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your understanding of both professions is woefully misguided. 
  • edited 3 June 2020 at 1:47PM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 June 2020 at 1:47PM
    IIMU that he was an accountant or auditor, and that, in such professions, original thought is not encouraged. 
    I was neither, so your understanding is quite wrong!  And for the record, I too have advised many Government Departments and Ministers of State. But I prefer to play my cards somewhat closer to my chest. 🤫
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Itachi2kg said:
    I agree, thats why I questioned it, but I believe others are trying to help me with this situation 
    Everyone's tried to help it's just that some of us think the HA thing isn't relevant.  

You've had loads of input from C-m.  A quick read suggests to me that she's pretty much incorporated all the other good advice on this thread plus she's damn good.  Just go with it. 
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    I believe this post is turning towards a direction which is not needed nor intended. Thank you for everyone who has replied, I have followed coupon mads' advice and sent BW legal a letter, I will update this post with the reply I receive 
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    After writing to BW Legal and mentioning the dispute and reminding them about cause of action estoppel, they have wrote back to me claiming that their clients' (Britannia Parking) cause of action is that I breached the terms of the contract by entering the car park. They are also telling me that estoppel is irrelevant because the PCNs represent multiple contraventions and that I should pay them.
    Any advice on my next steps would be much appreciated 
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWLegal think everything is irrelevant just as the courts think they are irrelevant and then spank them.  . The letters we see from them are generally full of nonsensical rubbish

Abuse of process normally kills them off in court