Received 15 parking tickets, now pursued by BW Legal

Replies

• edited 29 May 2020 at 3:23PM
    Itachi2kgItachi2kg Forumite
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 29 May 2020 at 3:23PM
    KeithP said:
    You appear to have missed your opportunity to appeal to PoPLA. They won't extend the date. Forget about PoPLA now.

Do you think theres any point in writing to basildon council as KiethP has mentioned?
    Did I?
    Sorry it was coupon-mad who mentioned asking the land owner to remove the notices, you helped me figure out who owns the land
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you COUL Dwin at POPLA, you will NOT get an *extension* so if you are out of time, youre out of time. Tough. 
  • Itachi2kgItachi2kg Forumite
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    While you COUL Dwin at POPLA, you will NOT get an *extension* so if you are out of time, youre out of time. Tough. 
    Ive had euro car parks give me a popla extension in the past 
  • edited 10 August 2020 at 5:25PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2020 at 5:25PM
    I will try to get them to give me more time to appeal to popla as the time as ran out
    That is NOT what you were advised, that is pointless.
    Sorry, I thought you felt I could win at a popla appeal? 
    Yes if you hadn't ignored the POPLA codes and missed the chance.  You can't rewind that now.

I told you exactly how to respond to that letter now you are inevitably going to be sued and have to defend.

I've had euro car parks give me a popla extension in the past 
    This is not tame old ECP and this is already with solicitors.

If you've done POPLA before, why the heck did you let umpteen POPLA codes slip through your fingers?  These were a cinch to beat if they were non-POFA and arrived too late for keeper liability!  What were you thinking - you knew what an appeal rejection letter & POPLA code meant?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 29 May 2020 at 5:06PM
    Itachi2kgItachi2kg Forumite
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 29 May 2020 at 5:06PM
    I will try to get them to give me more time to appeal to popla as the time as ran out
    That is NOT what you were advised, that is pointless.
    Sorry, I thought you felt I could win at a popla appeal? 
    Yes if you hadn't ignored the POPLA codes and missed the chance.  You can't rewind that now.

I told you exactly how to respond to that BW Legal letter now you are inevitably going to be sued and have to defend.
    So I should email BW Legal and deny that ill be paying? 
    I've had euro car parks give me a popla extension in the past 
    This is not tame old ECP and this is already with BW Legal. No going back.

If you've done POPLA before, why the heck did you let umpteen POPLA codes slip through your fingers?  These were a cinch to beat if they were non-POFA and arrived too late for keeper liability!  What were you thinking - you knew what an appeal rejection letter & POPLA code meant?
    What can i say, i just didn't think appealing to popla would help. As i said i wish i came across you guys earlier :(

So my next should be to email BW Legal and deny that ill be paying? Would it help mentioning that the car park land is owned by the council? Could you please link to me the post where you explained this already? I would really appreciate it
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, living in Rochester?

Have you have based your forum username on your real name? If so, you may want to get your forum username changed to something completely anonymous.

To help with that, have a read of this item from the Forum's FAQs:
    Can I change my username?

In most circumstances, we don't allow this.
    The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk e.g. you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something which gives away your identity within your username.
    If you fall into this category, email the Forum Team - [email protected]moneysavingexpert.com - your current username, the email address you registered with and three alternative usernames in order of preference.
    https://help.moneysavingexpert.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000213008-Can-I-change-my-username-
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my next should be to email BW Legal and deny that ill be paying? Would it help mentioning that the car park land is owned by the council? Could you please link to me the post where you explained this already? I would really appreciate it
    This is the post where C-m explained what to do.  I used the search facility but all you had to do was scroll back up your own thread a little way: -
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77226257#Comment_77226257
  • edited 29 May 2020 at 5:40PM
    nicechapnicechap Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 May 2020 at 5:40PM
    You might want to edit out the 2D barcodes and random numbers in the photo you posted, it would not surprise me if they are reference  numbers or personal identifiers, as PPCs monitor this site.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    nicechap said:
    You might want to edit out the 2D barcodes and random numbers in the photo you posted, it would not surprise me if they are reference  numbers or personal identifiers, as PPCs monitor this site.
    Done, thanks 
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    I have read this now
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77200964#Comment_77200964

Do I wait until they send me a court letter before i send BW Legal an edited version of this? Or edit the bottom court hearing bit and send it to them?