Received 15 parking tickets, now pursued by BW Legal

Replies

• Itachi2kgItachi2kg Forumite
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    OK you need to reply to that one talking about cause of action estoppel and the fact there are more PCNs.  I literally just replied within the past hour on another thread, giving a link about cause of action estoppel as an argument to use at pre-action stage. 

But are you saying there are some at this BW Legal stage and some newer ones at appeal/POPLA stage? 

You need to carefully sort them into piles and for those that are newer and have rejection letters dated within the past month, you must do POPLA appeals (as keeper, making the point about the POFA 2012 not being met, and about BRITANNIA PARKING SERVICES LTD that I already explained wins at POPLA when well explained).
    They are all at the BW Legal stage now as all the letters arrived within days of each other and I've received BW letters for 7 of them, and I'm positive the other 8 will arrive in the next few days, the time frame for popla has finished on all of them as the alleged offences were between 14th feb and 25th feb 
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    KeithP said:
    How can I find out who owns the land? 
    Ask H.M. Land Registry.
    KeithP said:
    Ask H.M. Land Registry.
    When I enter the car parks post code that is written on the letters it does't come up with anything on the HM Land Registry website
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    KeithP said:
    Ask H.M. Land Registry.
    KeithP said:
    Ask H.M. Land Registry.
    When I enter the car parks post code that is written on the letters it does't come up with anything on the HM Land Registry website
    According to HM Land Register that car park is owned by Basildon Borough Council
  • edited 29 May 2020 at 1:38PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 May 2020 at 1:38PM
    OK you need to reply to that one talking about cause of action estoppel and the fact there are more PCNs.  I literally just replied within the past hour on another thread, giving a link about cause of action estoppel as an argument to use at pre-action stage. 

But are you saying there are some at this BW Legal stage and some newer ones at appeal/POPLA stage? 

You need to carefully sort them into piles and for those that are newer and have rejection letters dated within the past month, you must do POPLA appeals (as keeper, making the point about the POFA 2012 not being met, and about BRITANNIA PARKING SERVICES LTD that I already explained wins at POPLA when well explained).
    They are all at the BW Legal stage now as all the letters arrived within days of each other and I've received BW letters for 7 of them, and I'm positive the other 8 will arrive in the next few days, the time frame for popla has finished on all of them as the alleged offences were between 14th feb and 25th feb 
    You had 33 days to appeal to POPLA starting from the date of the rejection letter in each case.   The time to appeal to POPLA didn't start with the date of parking event.  Did you get appeal rejections with POPLA codes in March or April and missed your POPLA appeal deadline?

If so, then my last reply is what to do.  Read my post this past hour about cause of action estoppel on someone else's thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper

You had 33 days to appeal to POPLA starting from the date of the rejection letter in each case.   The time to appeal to POPLA didn't start with the date of parking event.  Did you get appeal rejections with POPLA codes in March or April and missed your POPLA appeal deadline?

If so, then my last reply is what to do.  Read my post this past hour about cause of action estoppel on someone else's thread.
    Thank you, I will try to get them to give me more time to appeal to popla as the time as ran out, if they don't agree I should reply to BW and deny the debt and mention the dispute?

Do you think theres any point in writing to basildon council as KiethP has mentioned? after paying for a register plan I've learned that the land is owned by basildon council
  • edited 29 May 2020 at 2:23PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    26.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 May 2020 at 2:23PM
    You appear to have missed your opportunity to appeal to PoPLA. They won't extend the date. Forget about PoPLA now.

Do you think theres any point in writing to basildon council as KiethP has mentioned?
    Did I?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try to get them to give me more time to appeal to popla as the time as ran out
    That is NOT what you were advised, that is pointless.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWLegal have fallen into their own trap again by adding £360 for debt collector costs.
    It's total rubbish and it means their claim becomes unreliable and prime for the judge to bring out his BWLegal whipping stick
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    14.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KeithP said:
    Ask H.M. Land Registry.
    KeithP said:
    Ask H.M. Land Registry.
    According to HM Land Register that car park is owned by Basildon Borough Council
    I would be talking to Basildon Council then to find out who pays the business rates, if the land is leased to the Parking Company and if so under what terms.
    36 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    I will try to get them to give me more time to appeal to popla as the time as ran out
    That is NOT what you were advised, that is pointless.
    Sorry, I thought you felt I could win at a popla appeal?