🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

After years of debt journey through my sensible 40s... and save a deposit for a house

Options

Comments

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got an appointment with a mortgage advisor tomorrow to see what my options are with existing savings, feel like time is ticking on and it will be good to see where I am for starting a new year. 
  • lantanna
    Options
    Had my appointment and it was good news, I need a bit less and I’m nearly there. All being well I will be applying for an agreement in principal in March. Just have to live lean and keep good buffers in my accounts to be in prime position.
  • lantanna
    Options
    Just back from a drive round houses with Mum. Nothing to inspire me sadly.  Went to Lidl and got some bits to make chilli tomorrow. I’ve £80 left in the grocery budget this month until the 17th so need to eat out of the freezer which needs emptied anyway. 

Curling up now with some wine for the rest of the day, it’s freezing outside. 

Going to have a proper clear out of the house over the Christmas break to get myself mentally ready to move and so it’s not such an ordeal when it comes round. 
  • lantanna
    Options
    Viewing a house on Tuesday, I really like it and have a good feeling about it. Fingers crossed.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    lantanna said:
    Viewing a house on Tuesday, I really like it and have a good feeling about it. Fingers crossed.
    That is really exciting! Well done XXX and good luck :):) 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    🤞🤞🤞hope you love the house when you see it. Good luck.
  • lantanna
    Options
    Gorgeous house but just on the small side for me for the money. Got an agreement in principle today from Nat west via a broker. Doubt I’ll use it now within the 30 days but so excited now I’m actually viewing houses and am on my way

• lantanna
    edited 10 December 2021 at 8:53PM
    Options
    Had a food sensitivity test last Friday and turns out I’m lactose intolerant and also have an intolerance to pork. Been trying to eliminate those all week and I’m def feeling a lot less bloated already. Hoping the lack of cheese might lead to some weight loss. 

Looking forward to finishing work on the 23rd, payday on Friday. 

Need to buy some fruit tomorrow but having a low spend weekend, now that I’m actively looking at houses the focus is even more on using stuff up in the house and decluttering. 
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My best friend has a dairy allergy but it's easier than you think to replace some things. I bake using dairy free spread and make dairy free "Baileys" too. 
  • lantanna
    Options
    The house I looked at is sale agreed and I didn’t even flinch to see that so obviously made the right decision! 

Absolutely dosed with the cold so trying to stay in and warm and shift that before Xmas. 

Payday tomorrow, budgets done. Living frugally and looking forward to seeing what comes up on the market in the first half of 2022. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure