After years of debt journey through my sensible 40s... and save a deposit for a house

Options

Comments

• maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy New Year Lantanna. Hope you find your home quickly.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks, was pleased to see a few new ones on the market today though nothing for me. I know it’s coming I can feel it!
  • lantanna
    Options
    Aargh the struggle is real, seem to go through the motions when something I like comes on and then talk myself out of it. I’m a classic commitment phobe. How do you ever know it’s the one.  There’s a nice one on a the minute ticks a lot of boxes but in an area that I used to live in when I wasn’t overly happy and I fear it would bring back bad memories. Think I’m just overanalysing everything! 

Also feeling pressure to be in certain areas to suit members of family who show snobbery towards some addresses. 

It’s going to a long year ….
  • lantanna
    Options
    Snow has hit, hoping to get out tomorrow for a brisk walk somewhere, could do with a trip to Poundland, going to treat myself to a Starbucks as well. Going to pick up some meat and veg to make a slow cooker stew on Sunday and that’s about the height of it. Enjoyed being back in work this week strangely enuf. I def fair better with routine!
  • lantanna
    Options
    Used my Boots points today to buy spf as I’ve moved my holiday back to Feb. All being well I’m for Lanzarote again at the end of Feb. All paid for just have to add to my spending £. Have set myself a comfortable budget and will def be on a tighter budget but can’t wait to feel some heat
  • lantanna
    Options
    Yesterday I spent £50 in Asda on groceries, no alcohol. Today was a NSD. Trying to do no spend now til Friday apart from petrol tomorrow morning and fruit which I will use change from my purse.
  • lantanna
    Options
    The houses I’d been debating in the unpopular to my family location that I ruled out are now sale agreed. Crazy they only went up on Thursday !
  • lantanna
    Options
    So this week I went to see an apartment and then ruled it out. Was sitting here yesterday looking on the sites as I do every day and I noticed 2 had come up in a new development that I love. Rung the estate agent and I’m booking one of them, so hopefully I’m approved. It won’t be ready until August / September which I’m fine with, gives me more time to save to strengthen my deposit. I keep looking at its gorgeous and in the perfect location for  me and also the perfect location within the development.Not badly priced either. Exciting times. So glad I saw it when I did as I thought they were all sold.  Even hard to please Mother the last time we were driving round that development said it’s a pity you couldn’t have got one of these. 
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely news and sounds very exciting. That sounds like good luck, you looking and seeing something coming up when you thought they were all sold. Lots of time to save up some more and think about decor too. 
  • lantanna
    Options
    Thanks Maggie, yes plenty of time for saving and thinking of ideas! Also plenty of time to gut out my current flat and get it cleaned to get my deposit back and get rid of a lot of stuff in advance. I am so glad I was looking yesterday afternoon when I did and got the call made before loads of people spot it over the weekend. Maybe it was just meant to be.

looking forward to Lanzarote now next month as well, will def be a cheap one, more eating in than out want to throw as much as possible into my deposit. 

I’ve done out my budget for the next three months, everything Is doable just have to stick to it! Not let myself get derailed !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback