RM remove Saturday letter delivery

Options

Comments

• neverlikedpeas
    Options
    I'm finding that parcels sent Royal mail signed for  are taking longer than normal parcels with Royal Mail.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm finding that parcels sent Royal mail signed for  are taking longer than normal parcels with Royal Mail.
    Signed for is a normal parcel
  • neverlikedpeas
    Options

custardy said:
    To clarify
    I'm finding that parcels costing £4.10 to send second class signed for are taking longer to be delivered than parcels costing £3.10 to be sent second class (not signed for)
  • custardy
    Options

custardy said:
    To clarify
    I'm finding that parcels costing £4.10 to send second class signed for are taking longer to be delivered than parcels costing £3.10 to be sent second class (not signed for)
    There's nothing to clarify. They are handled and treated as normal parcels in the network.

• mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was chatting with my postie on Thursday he is doing parcels only so another postie is doing two routes.  I was told it is worse than Xmas for the post in the sorting office.  Royal Mail is prioritizing parcels first, letters are just delivered whenever makes no difference if 1 or 2nd class.   I am getting post only on a Wednesday for weeks now.  I am waiting for a what I expect to be padded envelop from eBay posted Friday week ago, I am hoping it will come this Wednesday.  I do not blame the seller
    Ours seem to only come on Friday.  It tends to be a big bunch of letters all coming at once and only on a Friday.  Thankfully nothing urgent is due or coming through so it's all good.  
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mimi1234 said:
    Ours seem to only come on Friday.  It tends to be a big bunch of letters all coming at once and only on a Friday.  Thankfully nothing urgent is due or coming through so it's all good.  
    We're currently at Monday and Thursday letter post.
    I've now suspended selling anything that would go with RM. I'll review it in a few days and maybe readjust the time frames for items I'm sending out. It looks like I'd need an estimate of 10 days for second class. It's a bit fiddly to get to that on Amazon, I'd have to adjust despatch time. My other plan would be to do away with any upgrade as first class doesn't make a difference and just makes customers more annoyed that they paid for it and it didn't work!
  • custardy
    Options
    I wrote out a whole reply and the forum refreshed. Grrrr
    Anyway. What does and doesn't get delivered Monday to Friday will vary locally.
    Saturdays again seem to vary from what Im hearing. How ever that variance is a matter of what parcels and in what volume get done.
    Volumes are high all week and its a constant grind for staff/managers.
    Now RM are all over social media about doing their best,pressure etc.
    The reality is they are doing nothing of the sort. In offices social distancing is lip service.
    Removal of shared vans and splitting start times is about the only change really from what I'm hearing.
    RMs social channels are full of the chipper postie,thumbs up and trying their best.
    The reality is they are deciding not to clear daily and budgeting accordingly.
    Hearing many delivery offices are 10%+ under budget which is a massive amount for RM.
    Sick levels north of the border are not massively high. Units are going in daily planning not to cover all duties.
    Many could be covered with spend.
    Now whether you see this a good financial sense or not doesnt really matter. Simply the disparity in RMs public face vs the reality day to day.

• twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pr2 , saturday parcels only , postie has stated parcels on saturday untill further notice 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspect that locally here we have no Saturday post at all any more. We get a lot of parcels, as do our neighbours and usually see the postman out and about even on the rare occasions we don't get any post ourselves. The last couple of Saturdays there doe snot appear to have been any deliveries at all. We are still getting about 4 deliveries out of 5 for the rest of the week though.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I just had a customer complaint about delivery. She's quite adamant that there aren't any problems with Royal Mail as she posted a letter last week and it arrived on time. Her conclusion is that I mustn't have posted it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback