🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Social Isolation Sucks...

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Howdy! 
    I remember Cousteau on tv on Sunday afternoons when I was a kid . 
    Not sure if you're into music , but jean Michel jarre did an album called waiting for Cousteau . 
    Highly recommend if you're into relaxation . 
    As for the smoking , tbh I can't see you quitting just yet. 
    It seems you may have a chance when you're working again and all this 😷is over. 
    Eventually , you'll probably do it 
    Hope I'm wrong and that you can do it sooner. 
    You are right btw...isolation sucks and I have to do the full 12+ weeks . 
    Good luck 
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well I've gone all day without a smoke.

If I do this 1 day at a time, then before I know it 12 weeks will have passed and everything will go back to normal...**sigh**

Going out on my bike feels good.  It is nice to feel the wind against my face.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Something weird just happened.

I just went down the road to the corner shop to buy some more smokes, but then I came back with 4 packets of sweets instead.  I truly surprised myself.

It looks like I am back on the right path, albeit with a growing belly...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    Holy hell.  Those sweets did not last me very long  :neutral: 

Goodness me.  If I keep eating, then I will have a natural buoyancy when it comes to the diving lol

I love my job

• WhySeaEm
    WhySeaEm Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Holy hell.  Those sweets did not last me very long  :neutral: 

Goodness me.  If I keep eating, then I will have a natural buoyancy when it comes to the diving lol
     :D 

Well done on not buying cigs!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,707 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on not buying cigarettes but don't end up with diabetes instead ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,622 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on not smoking.  Can you try eating something less fattening?  I did suggest carrots but you don't like those.  Are there any veg that you like raw or cooked and cold that you could eat instead.

Alternatively find something to do with your hands to keep them occupied.  A jigsaw perhaps.  When I gave up many moons ago I got out some knitting needles and casted on about 20 stitches and whenever I fancied a biggie I'd knit a row which was long enough for the craving to go.  Is there something you could try?

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    Well, it is 0340 and it should be either Sunday or Monday morning.  I have started to lose track of the days and time.  Quite simply, I am a bloke, with a computer and a father Christmas beard.  Once this is all over with, I plan to spend my free-time down the pub, having a giggle and a curry.  I could never foresee myself with a pair of knitting needles I my hands.  Flower-arranging is another hobby I don't foresee for myself.  I might try and break the computer so that I have something to fix.  I'm good at fixing things lol...it is what I do...

To whoever reads this, I want to apologise now, for my self-centred rambling... :(

I love my job

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    Does eating about 20 apples, one after the other, have any known side-effects???

I love my job

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,622 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
     :)  :):) .  I didn't envisage you thinking I meant you should take up knitting!  I meant find something to do with your hands that would take your mind off wanting a ciggie!

Don't think there are any known side effects from eating too many apples and at least they're healthy but it might be better if you could try some different fruit and raw veg to snack on.  Variety is the spice of life as they say and it would certainly better for you.  Veg rather than fruit if possible as fruit are full of sugars, natural admittedly, but obviously better not to have too much of any sugars.

Can you not think of anything non-food related that you could do to take your mind off things?  Something I suggested before was jigsaws, not something I personally can be bothered with but I know lots of people do enjoy them.  What about crosswords, word search that sort of thing because you can pick them up easily from a newsagent or supermarket?

Keep going not smoking, you've made the start now.  You know it will get easier as time goes on.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure