Social Isolation Sucks...

Options

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Spent an hour or two in the garden, with a neighbour, having a cup of tea and a little chit-chat!!  Been smoking less today as I have been busy doing other things.  I am a non-smoker!!  I have just taken a little detour!!  I will get back on the right path lol!!
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,598 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you can't give up without help rather than buying cigarettes buy some patches or if you need a cigarette substitute how about  an inhalator?  Speak to your pharmacist, they may do a stop smoking advice centre thing or even speak to your GP surgery, they will probably run a stop smoking clinic.

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    Tomorrow will be a NSD (No Smoking Day!!)

It is an addiction.

I have the mental fortitude to successfully win the battle!!

I originally stopped 14th August.  I found it easy when I was motivated by the need to pass the diving medical.  Everything is on hold at the moment.   I mean, Jeez, I managed to stop smoking for 9 months.

I have to have shave before I venture out in the morning for my bike ride.  Then I can stop again...And the rest will be history....
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,598 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck.  But think about getting some professional help.

• Willing2Learn
    edited 6 May 2020 at 8:05PM
    Options
    joedenise said:
    ... think about getting some professional help.

Hence, why I have started a diary.... so that I can use it to reflect upon each day... lol

My goal **should** be relatively easy to attain...

I love my job

• evebeme
    evebeme Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you tried Champix?  It worked for me, I didn't even need the full course of treatment. I was a smoker for almost 60 years.  Nothing worked til Champix. Ask your doctor about it.
  • evebeme
    evebeme Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another thing.  Only smoke outside of the home.  You'd be surprised how you can put it off for a bit when it's pouring rain.  Also, only smoke part of a cig, save the rest for later.  Good luck.  Eve
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Good stuff.  The good news is I hardly smoked all day!!

The bad news is that I spent nearly all day in my chair, sleeping.  It is a rather comfortable leather recliner with a matching footstool.  I sit in the chair, put my feet up, then off I disappear into the land of zzzzzzzz...it is so frustrating when I sit there waiting for the footy to start...then I fall asleep before kick-off...almost every time... 

Now I will be awake all night...smoking...playing my pc games...

I love my job

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,662 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    oh yeah, do either of you know who Jacques Cousteau is?  I used to love watching his travels in to the deep blue.  I just want to follow in his footsteps...
    Goodness that is a blast from the past. I remember Jacques Cousteau and his wonderful programmes. We have been watching The Planets on TV. Wonderful photography.

Going out on your bike is a great idea. I use mine a lot although we don't have a canal nearby.  Exercising definitely helps my mental health. Just getting out of the house and into the fields and country lanes and being surrounded by nature if you live relatively rural. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Well, I have been up since 0700 and it is currently 1530 hours.  I have not been out to buy any smokes today.   I will try to buy some chewable sweeties later, when I go to the corner shop (and not buy any more smokes).  Hopefully, my will-power will be strong enough....and I won't walk away with a fresh pack of 20 like an idiot automaton...

I love my job

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport