5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
535 replies 65.9K views

Replies

• gran3gran3 Forumite
    195 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    It's a long game. You feel ok and then you dont. But we didnt know how to manage it, hubby got it too, courtesy of our year old grandaughter who was in my childcare bubble and also at nursery. Just take care, you are younger than us so it may be easier. Just very tired at the end of the day, which is now 8.30. lol

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    76.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care & take it easy  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take the time to relax (as long as you feel ok) and make sure you build up your walking again slowly afterwards.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    17.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care my lovely friend XXXX Sending love and healthy vibes XX 
    Current debt £1980 - Debt free date 25 December 2021
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just have to get through the weekend then I am allowed out again from Monday, I cannot wait! I do feel much better, I still have a little bit of a cough, can't taste a thing and feel wiped out a lot, but otherwise am feeling fine. I'm managing to get most of my steps done each day again although walking up and down the lounge is not the same as the beach :)

Today ds is back at work (he was allowed out again yesterday). I'm spending the weekend getting on top of the housework and then I can get out as much as possible this week. Upstairs is done, I just need to mop the bathroom floor. 

The rest of today will be spent sorting downstairs, joining a couple of new bookies and sorting a few bets, and then a manicure and pedicure later while the football is on. I also want to have a look at the banking, this month has been really good as I've hardly spent anything (other than online food shopping). 
    Mortgage Total: £63,365 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savings: £1606 / £2856
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    17.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highly impressed you have managed the steps! as well as not going insane. How amazing to have a clean house. I would love that. 

Enjoy Monday :) XXXX 
    Current debt £1980 - Debt free date 25 December 2021
  • KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delurking to check in.  Hope you're feeling better and are just really busy with work.  Missing your updates
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Kittikins, sorry have not been on here for a bit, life has just got in the way a bit ... walking, Euros, lots of sleeping as I'm still more tired than normal :( 
    I will post a proper update soon but basically all ticking along nicely ... walking is going well, covid is still there a bit; my taste is nearly back but I still get really tired and have been very depressed which is another part of it apparently :(
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    covid is still there a bit; my taste is nearly back but I still get really tired and have been very depressed which is another part of it apparently
    And they are happy with 100,000 of us a day to get it by mid August.  With 4.5 million of us isolating at any given time.  And so many kids with long covid it just doesn't bear thinking about.  I think that some people who had covid have had their brains affected to such an extent that logical thinking is way beyond them.  Present company excepted obviously.  Hope you are back to 100% very soon.

11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, end of term madness kicked in and I'm not quite sure where the time went to. This week has been particularly crazy, but in a good way. We have had the leavers assembly for my year group and they finally managed to have their prom which was a fabulous night. At the assembly I was given flowers and cards and a present that I had to open in front of all of them (approx 300 people) ... it was a new Bournemouth shirt with my name and 21 (Class of 2021) on the back ... this was on Tuesday and the new shirts weren't for sale until Thursday - one of the staff knows someone high up at the club and managed to get it sorted :):) I cried lots :):)

Yesterday we broke up for the summer holidays and they had hired a coach to take us straight to the pub (at 1pm), where we stayed until 8. I went home after that but lots went on into town. I had drunk lots of Pimms by then and sobered up again so was ready for my bed :) It was a great afternoon out though. 

Other stuff has been ticking along as normal though ... the walking is still happening - I've got about 500 miles left to go now which will be completed by the end of the summer holidays. I went on 2 coffee dates last Sunday - the first one was really nice and we chatted for about 2 hours, we text after and said we'll meet up again but nothing has been arranged yet, although this week has been full on anyway. The second one was a nice guy but not my type but was pleasant enough. I'm still messaging the original hottie regularly, abs has been ignoring my messages for a few weeks and then messaged me last week explaining why, he's struggling with a few things at the moment. Anyway, next week I'm finally doing an indoor event with my cards again and its in his town so we're going to meet for a coffee fingers crossed. 

So in time honoured tradition its about time now that I wrote a list for the summer holidays (next post). I am doing summer school for one week of it (near the end) which will help the boiler fund as its paid separately from work.