Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals, paid commission and 20% tax

Options

Comments

• Vectis
    Vectis Posts: 696 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Someone's got too much time on their hands.
  • ph55
    ph55 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This complaint started in July 2019, got my first upheld ppi on the 29/08/19 it was payment of £360 for one of my many loans over the years,  had no paperwork for this one,  next payment was 03/10/19  for £3500, the letter came afterwards with 4 loan account numbers, one had no ppi, 2 had had no ppi but paid commission on them and had ppi on it,  so I was made up getting money back, next letter came near end of Oct 19,   £5400  from two loans both had ppi on them, happy days getting my money back,  then on 19/11/19  got final payment of £340  on last account number.  This is when I started to check over everything, as I knew I had a large loan  and was waiting for it, and it never came,  I found that the second letter I got with the 4 loans on, had the two bogus loans covering my biggest loan, as I never contested that letter, they took it I had no paperwork, so that second letter was them dipping toe in the water, see how far they would get, I never noticed till the money stopped coming.  I think this is a procedure the bank has used with everyone, and unfortunately if no paperwork  they have not paid people out, but the whole procedure has backfired on them this time,   my next post, hopefully will be to say I've got my payout and hopefully this will not happen to anyone else.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ph55 said:
    my next post, hopefully will be to say I've got my payout 
    Will it also have paragraphs?
  • ph55
    Options
    No photos, but I like this forum, as anyone who needs help from other people's experiences, or can find out things going on behind the scenes of banks, is  good for all, you would always expect a bank to be legal and above board.
  • ph55
    Options
    I can also say, going from earlier post showing when letters where sent to me, if I would have noticed on the second letter that them two loan accounts where bogus, the whole thing would have been different, i would have presented  Statement showing real loan,  the bank would have then known, hang on he's got his paperwork  pay him what's due, (ok who's next)  and I would not have needed any help from ombudsman.  So my procedure has brought there procedures out in the open.   
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It hasn’t, you’re still deluded 
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • ph55
    Options
    Thanks for any response from anyone, I hope my ongoing situation will help anyone that's gone or going through same, helping each other is what this forum and any other is all about.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shush, . . .
  • John_
    John_ Posts: 925 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ph55 said:
    No photos, but I like this forum, as anyone who needs help from other people's experiences, or can find out things going on behind the scenes of banks, is  good for all, you would always expect a bank to be legal and above board.
    You still haven’t managed to say what exactly your complaint is. A bank changing account numbers is a bit unusual, but doesn’t disadvantage a customer. What is it that you want redress for?
  • John_
    John_ Posts: 925 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ph55 said:
    Thanks for any response from anyone, I hope my ongoing situation will help anyone that's gone or going through same, helping each other is what this forum and any other is all about.
    But gone through what?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure