IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP WITH MY DEFENCE : GLADSTONES COUNTY COURT CLAIM

Options
123457»

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Judge not happy I used ‘copy and paste internet defence’ but awarded costs for time off work. Other costs denied. 
    Thank you so so much to all the posters who helped me through this. Without this forum I’d have paid the bullies’ ransom! 
    Jeez, it's bad enough that claimants use this pathetic excuse in their witness statements but now judges have started it.  Just because it is "off the internet" doesn't make it wrong and anyway it could have been written for you and sent via Royal Mail!  Since the judged dismissed the case the defence was a good'un!
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Properly used the internet is a wonderful source of information.  Anyone who states otherwise is a fool.  IMO any judge who thinks this way should be held to account thusly

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-courts-and-tribunals-service/about/complaints-procedure

v
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have no idea who the rep was (was going to ask about right of audience but didn’t get a chance). 
    I think you're quite fortunate not to have done so. Not sure what you wanted to achieve?

We've seen very few RoA challenges get anything other than very short shrift from Judges, some have been quite irritated by it. Who do you think would handle the Claimant's case if the advocate was 'evicted'? 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure