IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP WITH MY DEFENCE : GLADSTONES COUNTY COURT CLAIM

Options

Comments

• DebtHurricane
    Options
    Guys is this good to go?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks OK but as you have until 14th April to submit you could wait a bit longer to see if any other regular spots anything - don't wait too long though in case CCBC goes down again!
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    I think I’ll submit this evening. If anyone has anything to add it would be very much appreciated x
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I’ll submit this evening.
    Why? You have nearly two weeks.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    KeithP said:
    I think I’ll submit this evening.
    Why? You have nearly two weeks.
    I agree. And given the extraordinary situation we are currently in, you just don't know what might come out of the woodwork regarding the court process. I see no advantage in being premature. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Good points. I’ll wait. 
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Set a reminder so you don't forget. 
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Hi everyone. Have to file this before 13th. Any further advice to add please? 
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    I’m submitting my defence tomorrow. It’s due on 14th and no one has added anything to what I’ve already put so don’t see the point in waiting till the last minute. What happens next?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 April 2020 at 1:19AM
    Options
    Yes, it is OK, except check if you have the correct truth statement at the bottom, as it just changed on 6.6.2020:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part22/pd_part22
    I believe that the facts stated in this defence are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.

Submit that signed & dated defence by email with Appendix C being a second attachment.

You should already know what happens, from the links under the red heading, cunningly entitled: 'IMPORTANT - KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN' in the NEWBIES sticky thread!  Please spare us ANY questions about the DQ or we will keel over.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback