IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP WITH MY DEFENCE : GLADSTONES COUNTY COURT CLAIM

Options

Comments

• DebtHurricane
    Options
    :) thanks 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Cant for the life of me remember if I got a proper NOTICE TO KEEPER. I am pretty confident I didn't get one. Ill go with that.

In terms of the rest of what I have said- is that all ok? I've read all the posts about filing a defence but with my case its pretty simple- there aren't any bays which are marked so there's not much more to say?!

It's fairly simple - if you had a windscreen ticket (or they state you did), it's para 8. If your first notification was a letter in the post stating the photographic capture was by ANPR camera (or the nonsense that the DVLA are currently accepting - Manual Number Plate Recognition - ie a man with a smartphone) and the postal notification arrived before day 28, then you use para 9. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Umkomaas- thanks it’s para 8 for me. They just slapped a ticket on the car and then never followed up with a NTK. 

Anything else I need to add or can I file it and be confident I’ll win?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cant for the life of me remember if I got a proper NOTICE TO KEEPER. I am pretty confident I didn't get one. Ill go with that.

Oh, you definitely got a Notice to Keeper.

The question is... did you get a Notice to Driver?
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    I can’t remember?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I can’t remember?
    A windscreen ticket is a Notice to Driver (NtD). 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Yes I got a windscreen ticket. 
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Does anyone have anything to add to my defence?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you go back and delete the first defence you posted here in case a NEWBIE thinks that's the newest template version and tries to use it, please?

If you are admitting to being the driver then you need to remove the stuff about the POFA here and change it as shown (am I right to asume you were a tenant, renting the place not the owner?):
    16.  The Defendant was the driver of this vehicle. It is not accepted that the location included prominent signs giving ‘adequate notice’ of the onerous parking charge,  A compliant Notice to Keeper (‘NTK’) was not properly served in strict accordance with section 8 or 9 (as the case may be) of the POFAand any signs that may have been there created no relevant obligation or contract that could have overridden the rights and easements granted under the tenancy agreement.  There was no parking licence to offer because the Defendant already had proper authority and primacy of contract to park, without any onerous terms or charges.  The Claimant was in fact, interfering with residents' leases and their right to peaceful enjoyment of their property, thereby causing a private nuisance regardless of whether the managing agent (who is not the landowner) purportedly 'authorised' their actions.

17.  The Defendant was a resident of the ********** Estate and had a valid resident parking permit clearly displayed in the vehicle. The Claimant issued the alleged parking ticket stating: ‘no parking outside of a marked bay’. The estate has no painted or signposted parking bays.  There is no way to distinguish what a ‘marked bay’ should be as there are no physical markings. The Defendant avers that as there are no clear marked bays, it is impossible for the alleged contravention to have occurred and any alleged contract was void for impossibility.   Photographs:  Appendix D.

You do not attach any other appendices at this stage, only the A, B and C cases shown in the template thread.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Can you go back and delete the first defence you posted here in case a NEWBIE thinks that's the newest template version and tries to use it, please?

If you are admitting to being the driver then you need to remove the stuff about the POFA here and change it as shown (am I right to asume you were a tenant, renting the place not the owner?):
    16.  The Defendant was the driver of this vehicle. It is not accepted that the location included prominent signs giving ‘adequate notice’ of the onerous parking charge,  A compliant Notice to Keeper (‘NTK’) was not properly served in strict accordance with section 8 or 9 (as the case may be) of the POFAand any signs that may have been there created no relevant obligation or contract that could have overridden the rights and easements granted under the tenancy agreement.  There was no parking licence to offer because the Defendant already had proper authority and primacy of contract to park, without any onerous terms or charges.  The Claimant was in fact, interfering with residents' leases and their right to peaceful enjoyment of their property, thereby causing a private nuisance regardless of whether the managing agent (who is not the landowner) purportedly 'authorised' their actions.

17.  The Defendant was a resident of the ********** Estate and had a valid resident parking permit clearly displayed in the vehicle. The Claimant issued the alleged parking ticket stating: ‘no parking outside of a marked bay’. The estate has no painted or signposted parking bays.  There is no way to distinguish what a ‘marked bay’ should be as there are no physical markings. The Defendant avers that as there are no clear marked bays, it is impossible for the alleged contravention to have occurred and any alleged contract was void for impossibility.   Photographs:  Appendix D.

You do not attach any other appendices at this stage, only the A, B and C cases shown in the template thread.

Thanks so much CouponMad. I have made those changes (yes I was a tenant). Am I ok to submit this now? It's not due till 14th April.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback