IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP WITH MY DEFENCE : GLADSTONES COUNTY COURT CLAIM

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 October 2020 at 10:26AM
    Options
    As @nosferatu1001 states, scan and post your notice of allocation here (both sides) but redact any personal information.
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    My hearing is a telephone hearing. So doesn’t that require a combined bundle ? It’s all so confusing :(
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
     I’ll post it on here soon. Thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My hearing is a telephone hearing. So doesn’t that require a combined bundle ? It’s all so confusing :(
    Its only confusing if you dont go back to basics.

If the Order detailing the remote hearing does not state you OR more usually the claimant need to create a bundle, then why do you want to create one?
  • DebtHurricane
    Options

Here is the NOA directions. I know it doesn’t specifically say to compile a bundle but I was reading the newbies thread and i thought it meant my evidence won’t be considered unless the bundle was compiled. 
    In the WS of the claimant they state how I’m using a standard internet defence and include blurry maps of the location which are unreadable. Loads of irrelevant photos. Anything I need to prepare now? Do I prepare my response to each point in their WS or just talk on the day? 
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    So dont compile a bundle. No ORDER tellingyou to do so exists. This means the judge will be sitting in chambers, I would suggest. So make sure the court has a copy of your bundle, 100%, and make sure you HAVE PROOF the claimant also has it. 
    Yawn, usual resposne - their standard template WS then. Blurry maps are great for you - let me guess theyre google mpas with some dots on them, not signed, not dated, nothing proving the maps tie up to the actual signs? 
    Why would you not prepare now, and hope to wing it on the day? Surely preparing notes makes a ton of sense?
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Thanks so much I’m on it!
  • DebtHurricane
    DebtHurricane Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 October 2020 at 1:11AM
    Options
    Hearing is soon. Wonder if they’ll discontinue or does that not happen so close to the date?
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    We've seen cases dc'd 2 days before. 
  • DebtHurricane
    Options
    Hearing tomorrow. Nervous to say the least. Any tips?!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback