NST April 2020: Fools we are not!

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    toni'sfriend - don't worry about other people seeming busier than you. We are all at such different points/levels of confinement, work, age, health...
    I had a call from a friend yesterday and she and her husband have hardly left the house. She goes out to shop for the neighbours, but that is about it.
    On the other hand, I am busy teaching from home, dd is busy learning in real-time, and dh is constantly doing work for church - editing videos to put together the Sunday services takes aaages when there are about 12 pieces to piece together and save, upload and do whatever needs doing with them.
    We can still chat with neighbours over the back garden fences - I had a chat with a neighbour 3 doors down this morning without shouting. We're in a terrace and they are not v wide at all! And see people passing if we are out the front of the house.
    In many ways, our lives are not hugely different from before! I guess we are just unsociable creatures in teh apple household!!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That obstacle course sounds fab toni'sfriend! Congratulations on your new post as librarian :)

Today I am grateful for my sandbag, for birdsong, for drying clothes outside, for exchanging some lovely emails with work, for arnica, for all the people out there who are helping others.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    No money spent yesterday. Had 'expensive' ready meal curries for Friday night food - still cheaper than a takeaway, though :)

Thankful for: getting more windows/ doors cleaned (and some guttering!), more sunshine, family meal time, family card games, finding a couple of items in airing cupboard to donate to scrubs bags appeal, more seeds growing :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Finally finished 'the letter' yesterday and nearly finished the copy (as no access to a printer - they'll have to find one of their older workers to read it as apparently younger people are losing the ability to read handwriting). Part way through breakfast, paused to answer two phone calls and did a bit more of the letter. I've 'killed' two pens and used up two more (some were good ones but getting on - including ones that DS3 used to use for drawing fine lines - so used those up on early drafts, trying to get a timeline drawn up etc). had to count how many pages were left in the pad of A4 maths paper to see if there was enough for the final version (think there are a few loose sheets around somewhere). Will celebrate by carefully setting aside my copies of both letters (one about reversing the decision, one to the repayment enforcers - different location) after taking the original to the post box and ripping all the drafts, timelines, references to all the different letters, awards, etc up and adding them to the paper collection. It's enough to make me wish I still had a cat so they could be mixed into the litter tray.
    Then out to the wonderland of the polytunnel, the still to be erected tiny greenhouse, the shed/ decontamination zone and the pots and soil/compost of various ages.
    Today I am grateful for the sunshine (even if I had to take kryptonite level precautions), good food (curry made including a bendy courgette and butternut squash I put in the freezer at 'C'mas), yoghurt (helping with the pollen grain throat), DS2 and everyone who helps us keep safe, DS2 who was 33 on Wednesday (he can have his long-player party in 4 months) and DS3 who was 30 yesterday (I asked him did he feel like a real grown up yet) to DS1 for sending photos and captions of the grandpuppy (was trying to move a stick thicker than his own leg and longer than his body which he had to keep putting down every 10m to try a different method of holding it. After negotiations he accepted a replacement stick) and for all you lovely turtles. Normal service will be resumed asap - once I've got this blasted letter out of the house I shall return to being a beacon of serenity and the fount of all wisdom regarding gardening, sewing, making something out of nothing and living happily in abject poverty.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure